• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have thought 'jimmy' would have shown more loyalty as we 'rescued' him from newcastle twice.

but hey, if he wants out then i am guessing unless he is blunt, Mon will think he can persuade him to stay so no doubt words have been said.

he wants out so lets move on, my only concern is instead of going for a big signing, Mon tries to make average to decent players into something they cant sustain for more than a season.

Sounds a bit like typical late night posting to me. JM has handled himself very professionally throughout all this media mania according to our very own General. Are we now saying that the General is not telling us the truth?

....but i didn't say who was doing most of the slanging.

I'm just not fussed on the player,me

24 mill , i'd bite their hands off.

I think you've just told us TRO! I'm not knocking you, you're just as entitled to your opinion about JM as I am to mine. It's what enlivens these boards.

Sounds a bit like typical late night posting to me. JM has handled himself very professionally throughout all this media mania according to our very own General. Are we now saying that the General is not telling us the truth?

I think you've just told us TRO! I'm not knocking you, you're just as entitled to your opinion about JM as I am to mine. It's what enlivens these boards.

sorry, for repeating myself.my passion gets the better of me sometimes, to the point of distraction.

In his post-Walsall interview reported on the OS, MON sounds like he thinks JM might well be staying.

Seems a lot on here won't be too happy, but I wonder if JM would be so unpopular if we didn't need the money from his sale so desperately?

I'd really like him to stay, but I'd probably agree to sacrifice him if we've got no money to strengthen otherwise.

Reading between the lines I don't think Mon wants Milner to stay brummybloke. I think he wants the "pot of gold" asap for the three or four signings that he's got lined up. I wonder how Randy feels about that if I'm right?

im not too sure, i think he wants him to stay but it seems once a player has been asked by Mon to stay and the player does not agree, then the wrath of Mon comes out.

Im sure Randy wont be happy one of the most high profile villa players , one who seems destined for england captaincy at some stage and still young, is off.

but im also sure Randy is making sure Mon knows the score when it comes to how much there is to spend before anyone goes.

i cant understand why we keep crap like saladfu? lets get rid of players clearly not upto premiership standard and keep the money for the top performers.

sorry, for repeating myself.my passion gets the better of me sometimes, to the point of distraction.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Cheers mate. :cheers:

Mon was making conciliatory sounds about Milner in his post match interview where he said that he thought most fans would like JM to stay, and MC might not up their bid. Has someone had a word with him? If he personally wanted Milner to stay why did he virtually slam the door on him in his interview last thursday? Hmm, very interesting!

Well that interview with MON throws a spanner in the works doesn't it?!

Unfortunately, I don't think City will be the same as Liverpool (Gareth saga). They'll stump up the money and it'll probably be at the end of August knowing our luck!

My missus is religious and tells me that she feels very close to God sometimes, (little does she know how close she is :angry: when she wont stop nagging) I shall have the good lady down on her knees by the side of the bed tonight praying that Milly remains a Villa player. It may not work but there's no harm in trying, and while she's down there I might just .... where was I?

He should just get Jimmy to agree to a date of when the transfer of him will no longer happen, like he did with Barry. If City don't make an acceptable offer by that date, then the club, Jimmy and City know that nothing will be happening.

My missus is religious and tells me that she feels very close to God sometimes, (little does she know how close she is :angry: when she wont stop nagging) I shall have the good lady down on her knees by the side of the bed tonight praying that Milly remains a Villa player. It may not work but there's no harm in trying, and while she's down there I might just .... where was I?

No don't fly kick her. :lol::lol:

I'd be a happy man if we sold him tomorrow, i'm getting sick of the whole thing. We have many other players around the same level as Milner and as someone in a previous post said, we're not a 1 man team. Let's sell him for the value of £25m and be done with it.

I'm slightly worried that Man City know we're going to need the money from the Milner sale to buy players and i'm hoping they don't hold out too long, we need players.

I'd be a happy man if we sold him tomorrow, i'm getting sick of the whole thing. We have many other players around the same level as Milner and as someone in a previous post said, we're not a 1 man team. Let's sell him for the value of £25m and be done with it.

I'm slightly worried that Man City know we're going to need the money from the Milner sale to buy players and i'm hoping they don't hold out too long, we need players.

see i dont think we do, i believe the money is there we just need to balance the wage bill beofre putting more on it, randy's statement has been take right out of context.

sell to buy doesnt mean we have no cash, but it does give the signal money is tight and when buying players thats not a bad thing as i think if we sell milner now the prices will go up for who every we want