What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Is that really what you would expect of a club aiming for the champions league?

No, but then we are not acting like a club aiming for the champions league

:?:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because spurs didnt throw on danny rose with much success...

Danny Rose was not 'thrown on' at all.

He was bought through as youngsters should be, given the odd game but used really sparingly. As far as I remember he only really had 1 pressure game all season, and was only used then because it was deemed a non vital game.

There s a massive difference from this and the pressure position you could be putting Marc in.

I don't understand the "he wasn't bought so he'll need help" part. But I definatly agree that SWP would hold up Albrighton's development.

There's no point us buying a winger this window. We have 2 established Prem wingers and one who can be gradually brought into the team this season.

Let's use the "Milner-Fund" to buy a central-midfield replacement, a RB and a striker (Or two of the three).

Then what happens if (God forbid) something was to happen to either of the first team wingers?

We'd drop Albrighton into the deep end...

You are more of a gambler than me!

So you would like us to buy SWP?

So we'd have one of SWP/ Downing/ Ash on the bench. What a waste of money.

I'd much prefer us to spend that money on Ireland and have a quality first 11 with less-experienced subs than to have a weaker first team.

I don't understand the "he wasn't bought so he'll need help" part. But I definatly agree that SWP would hold up Albrighton's development.

There's no point us buying a winger this window. We have 2 established Prem wingers and one who can be gradually brought into the team this season.

Let's use the "Milner-Fund" to buy a central-midfield replacement, a RB and a striker (Or two of the three).

Then what happens if (God forbid) something was to happen to either of the first team wingers?

I'd much prefer us to spend that money on Ireland and have a quality first 11 with less-experienced subs than to have a weaker first team.

SWP---------Young----Downing

--------------Gabby--------------

Works for me.

Works for me.

Really doesn't work for me, we'd have a shithouse on one wing and and dwarf whose abilities are quite limited on the other, then we'd have Ash in the middle who really isn't going to provide the defensive support in the middle that a CM (even though attacking) should provide

But for the same money we could have:

Downing ---- Ireland ----- Young

--------------- Gabby -------------

and in a years time we'd have Marc Albrighton ready to bring into the team for free.

No I wouldn't buy SWP, i have never really rate him that much even when he was in his prime.

What we really need is get someone who can replace Milners position in the squad, in that they should be able to cover more than just the wings. Someone like Bentley would be a much better fit and would offer us much more options.

I'd much prefer us to spend that money on Ireland and have a quality first 11 with less-experienced subs than to have a weaker first team

Having options on the bench is a waste of money?

I agree with you about Ireland though, but if Ireland was going to be bought in anyway then Milners place in the squad needs to be replaced as well.

And before people say "oh Marc will get in if he's good enough". That's stupid because we've seen countless times that being bought by O'Neill gets you in almost by default and even then if you're dropped you'll be replaced by someone he also bought.

Like who?

Also isn't it a bit difficult considering that 99% of the squad are o'neil signings for him to drop a player and replace them with someone who isn't one of his signings.

I think gabby has also shown that this is 't the case as he's been one of the first players on the teamsheet since MON arrived at the club

Because spurs didnt throw on danny rose with much success...

Danny Rose was not 'thrown on' at all.

He was bought through as youngsters should be, given the odd game but used really sparingly. As far as I remember he only really had 1 pressure game all season, and was only used then because it was deemed a non vital game.

There s a massive difference from this and the pressure position you could be putting Marc in.

He's played once and scored against arsenal, marc has played 3 times in the league for villa so "bought through as youngsters should be" is a pointless dig at the club

if MON thinks he's ready and i doubt marc would argue, then play him, id rather see him have a chance than some £10m dross on 40k a week

Works for me.

Extremely lightweight!!

About as hard to get through as wet budget bog roll.

-----------NRC------PETROV/FLAMINI-----------

-SWP-------------Young----------------Downing-

--------------------Gabby------------------------

Better?

Works for me.

Extremely lightweight!!

About as hard to get through as wet budget bog roll.

Better?

Nope. It's still got Shaun Wright-Phillips in it.

Better?

Nope. It's still got Shaun Wright-Phillips in it.

And shithouse Downing if the truth be known

I'd much prefer us to spend that money on Ireland and have a quality first 11 with less-experienced subs than to have a weaker first team

Having options on the bench is a waste of money?

I agree with you about Ireland though, but if Ireland was going to be bought in anyway then Milners place in the squad needs to be replaced as well.

No, you know I'm not saying that options on the bench are a waste of money.

But I'd just like our first team improved with the bulk of this seasons transfer fund. I'm sure we could get a winger for 4 or 5 million to be a back-up.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ireland has played on the wing before. Him or Albrighton could fill in if Ash or DJ were injured for a few weeks.

To be honest, this discussion is pointless because we could start the season with a completely different squad of players if NRC/ Sidwell/ Shorey etc are all sold and, presumably, replaced.