What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

To be fair im willing to give Downing a little more time yet, he was afterall coming off of a serious injury last season and Petrov didnt exactly set the world alight, debut aside, in his first season with us either. Patience on that one.

SWP i think would be a few years too late but still, under MON and Robertson he might come along a bit.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would people prefer mcgready or swp? i know who id want.

i dont think we are after a winger personally. if we was to go for one id want bentley. his crossing is of the highest level

as for milner this is just dragging, and its sad we wont have any signings in place before the cup to experiment. now we will go into the new season throwing in the players without experimenting formations

Going 4-2-3-1 could be an option. Give me 2 physically strong and mobile Defensive Central Mids and a front 4 of Young, Ireland, Gabby and Downing if he could get out of the shithouse, would be an attractive proposition.

Because spurs didnt throw on danny rose with much success...

Danny Rose was not 'thrown on' at all.

He was bought through as youngsters should be, given the odd game but used really sparingly. As far as I remember he only really had 1 pressure game all season, and was only used then because it was deemed a non vital game.

There s a massive difference from this and the pressure position you could be putting Marc in.

He's played once and scored against arsenal, marc has played 3 times in the league for villa so "bought through as youngsters should be" is a pointless dig at the club

We have handled Marc excellently so far, how is this a dig at the club?

My argument was at the posters point that he would be happy relying on him as first choice cover on the wings for this campaign.

Because spurs didnt throw on danny rose with much success...

Danny Rose was not 'thrown on' at all.

He was bought through as youngsters should be, given the odd game but used really sparingly. As far as I remember he only really had 1 pressure game all season, and was only used then because it was deemed a non vital game.

There s a massive difference from this and the pressure position you could be putting Marc in.

He's played once and scored against arsenal, marc has played 3 times in the league for villa so "bought through as youngsters should be" is a pointless dig at the club

We have handled Marc excellently so far, how is this a dig at the club?

My argument was at the posters point that he would be happy relying on him as first choice cover on the wings for this campaign.

apologies i thought you were suggesting rose was being bought through better than marc was, which i obviously considered nonsense

but i would be happy for him to be cover for the wings this campaign, IF the team can actually adapt so that when young wasnt on the pitch we dont still play the same way, ie if marc was on the pitch the wing was considered one of several outlets rather than at the moment where seemingly the wings are considered our only outlet

Can't believe Downing is getting the abuse he has on here. Quite strange

Avoids more tackle than a frigid lesbian

Not that I am making excuses for him, or trying to persuade you to change your opinion, but , in my opinion of course, I could potentially understand how he might be a little ginger of some tackles last season returning as he did after such a long lay off and wanting to play for the rest of the season.

Of course a professional footballer should give it 100% all the time but he is a human being too and there must have been that nagging issue in the back of his mind

Let's see how he does this season before writing him off altogether, for me he is a good player who I am expecting to see big things from this season

Going 4-2-3-1 could be an option. Give me 2 physically strong and mobile Defensive Central Mids and a front 4 of Young, Ireland, Gabby and Downing if he could get out of the shithouse, would be an attractive proposition.

The way forward or at least have this in place as an option when the need arises.

It's all about the 2 in midfield, get these right and it allows the attack to breath a bit so to speak. We don't currently have the personnel to do this justice but you never know. We need to change something next season in our setup, opposition managers don't really need to say anything becasue we are kind of predictable.

Nah Richard (and I know this is off topic - slaps own wrist), he's always been like that, at Middlesborough too before Petrov broke his little toe or whatever it was

He is a little tackle shy. Lots of wingers are, doesn't make him a bad player.

I don't think he was anywhere near his best for us last season, in fact I know he wasn't. I've seen him play plenty of times prior to coming here as have most. So I'm surprised he's not being given any benefit of the doubt.

Well actually, I'm not surprised. He got a reputation for being one of McClaren's boys I guess, despite also being picked by Sven and Capello and it stuck. He has been and will be a good premier league footballer.

(slaps own wrist as he should know better too, sorry Bicks)

Hasn't this word removed grabbed the cash in his little fat hands for a place on the bench at the club where careers go backwards yet?

I'm getting bored of hope now. I am a villa fan, after all.