The VT Baby club

kimmie

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is it not option to supplement with formula?

Yeah but he appears to be allergic to formula.  So we’re using lactose free formula which he doesn’t like. So it’s not as easy as just switching over

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My youngest has been exclusively bottle fed, for a few reasons. He's nearly 4 months now, so Mrs P agreed I could dust off (and thoroughly clean though) our old tommee tippee perfect prep machine. Game changer, bottle made in 2 minutes rather than 30.

We’ve got some sort of magic shaky thing. 

Boiling water and formula powder go in, shake it up, 2 minutes later it’s cool enough for him to drink. 

No idea how it works. Magic I assume

• Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Boiling water and formula powder go in, shake it up, 2 minutes later it’s cool enough for him to drink. 

Ooh, I’ve not heard of that.

You just have to do better than me don’t you? You just wanted to show me up in front of everyone.

• Haha 3

My then wife and I had to bottle feed with formula from about three weeks on. Meant a bit more work for me, but otherwise no issues. Having a mother not on the verge of total breakdown is more important for a baby than being breastfed. 

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If I ever have another child on formula, I will hunt you down and demand you give me the name of this sorcery. The amount of time I spent balancing temperatures at 2am…

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Would it work with tea or coffee? I hate waiting for it to cool down. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Many will insist it’s like giving them cigarettes.

In a different era...

Nottingham's favourite cigarettes. 

HKnpC4f.jpeg

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, El Zen said:

If I ever have another child on formula, I will hunt you down and demand you give me the name of this sorcery. The amount of time I spent balancing temperatures at 2am…

Mines called a cool twister 

There's a few out there now, so easy 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Ooh, I’ve not heard of that.

You just have to do better than me don’t you? You just wanted to show me up in front of everyone.

13 hours ago, El Zen said:

Comes with a thermos as well that keeps the water hot so you can take it around all day.

It's one of these bad boys

nuby-rapidcool-baby-bottle-maker-p474-61

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Would it work with tea or coffee? I hate waiting for it to cool down. 

I know this is a joke, but it probably would :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

she's been dreading giving birth all her life and has been very emotional

Well, it's scary. But my wife rationalised it thus: Pregnancy is nine months, parenting is several decades. What's a few hours of labour, compared with that? Good luck, buddy. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Currently sat in the labour ward with my wife awaiting the birth of our first child, could be a new little Villan born today or tomorrow 💜💙👶 

I'm excited, but petrified at the same time, it's been a long week for us both, especially her (of course) as she's been in hospital since Monday, waiting to be induced, waiting for her waters to break, waiting for a spare bed etc etc,  she's been dreading giving birth all her life and has been very emotional (naturally) but I've been there for her which has definitely got her through this - well it's OUR journey after all.

We do not know the sex either which is really exciting, just hope everything goes ok 🙏

Moving on from here, my wife's waters broke at 3.30am Thursday morning and we are still in hospital now and she's gone from 2cm, to 4cm to 5cm to 7cm dilation over 24 hours! It has been the hardest night watching her suffer, we've both had one hours sleep when her epidural kicked in early hours of this morning. We are mentally drained, she is physically drained.

Positive is baby is ok (at the moment). She needs to just keep going for a few more hours 🤞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Moving on from here, my wife's waters broke at 3.30am Thursday morning and we are still in hospital now and she's gone from 2cm, to 4cm to 5cm to 7cm dilation over 24 hours! It has been the hardest night watching her suffer, we've both had one hours sleep when her epidural kicked in early hours of this morning. We are mentally drained, she is physically drained.

Positive is baby is ok (at the moment). She needs to just keep going for a few more hours 🤞 

Wow, she must be exhaust already. Trust me though, it’ll all be worth it and you’ll be crying your eyes out when you see your baby for the first time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And here was me thinking my wife's 20 minute c section dragged on 😂

I needed the toilet as we were told it was our turn. I went down to where I had to put on gown and shoes. They told me someone would show me to the toilet. A good while later someone came in and I thought at last! Only for us to be shown into the theatre. That 20 minutes or so lasted forever! It was still a good while after that I managed to go. At least I had a distraction.

Â