The VT Baby club

kimmie

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Just getting ready to take the other half to hospital. Things are getting going and pretty sure today is the day we'll meet our first child!

Good luck mate!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Had to leave her on the normal ward from 2pm, got the call at 4am that she's been moved over to labour ward. Waters have broke, game on! 

Good luck to you and Mrs Wezbid!

hope all goes well 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Positive of the 5am wake up with my 9 month old is that I was able to watch the Villa match! Meant I got the sleep in yesterday 👍

I remember constantly having to get up about that time so he could listen to the CBeebies music this went on for about a year🤦‍♂️ How I would have wished for a Villa game 🤣

• Like 1

With my first I did the midnight feed and the 5am feed

Took the missus a while to clock how many hours I was putting in to the last of us 2 during these feeds 😂

The second one has broken me, my daughters changed massively, volumes gone up a few notches, she's now waking up at 3am wanting to read a book or drink juice screaming at me for it, she's perfect with the baby but horrible with everything else, she'll like state me down before throwing her cup of water somewhere knows exactly what she's doing, her new thing is spitting due to seeing the baby being sick

Mine appears to be allergic to formula (so probably allergic to milk). Which is annoying, as he doesn't like the taste of lactose free formula.

His mom is done with breastfeeding now. All the pumping and expressing has driven her to despair so we're trying to get him onto the formula as quick as we can.

To be honest I'm done with it too. If I have to spend another evening listening to her moan about her **** breastpumps I'll explode

• Like 1

My wife is half way there, 1st one was bottle fed, we think due to being premature my wife didn't produce milk, now she's determined to beat feed the 2nd but she absolutely **** hates it 

Got a weird stubbornness over it 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My wife is half way there, 1st one was bottle fed, we think due to being premature my wife didn't produce milk, now she's determined to beat feed the 2nd but she absolutely **** hates it 

Got a weird stubbornness over it 

Mine liked it at first. But the militant pumping and expressing schedule has worn her out. She's done now. She's done it long enough to get the sentimentality of breast feeding out of the way. Now she just wants rid of it.

We've managed to get him onto half breast milk and half lactose free formula so looking to slowly change the proportions. Can't come soon enough

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If I have to spend another evening listening to her moan about her **** breastpumps I'll explode

Oh and obviously this is somehow my fault

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Mine liked it at first. But the militant pumping and expressing schedule has worn her out. She's done now. She's done it long enough to get the sentimentality of breast feeding out of the way. Now she just wants rid of it.

We've managed to get him onto half breast milk and half lactose free formula so looking to slowly change the proportions. Can't come soon enough

I will never forget the pressure the one nurse put on my wife at the hospital. My wife called her the nipple nazi and it reached a point where other nurses told her to leave my wife alone 

Bottle feeding meant I and others could help. It made a big difference. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I will never forget the pressure the one nurse put on my wife at the hospital. My wife called her the nipple nazi and it reached a point where other nurses told her to leave my wife alone 

Bottle feeding meant I and others could help. It made a big difference. 

Oh we do bottle feed, but with expressed breastmilk. I think half of it is the pressure for her. "If I don't pump then my son won't have anything to eat"

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh we do bottle feed, but with expressed breastmilk. I think half of it is the pressure for her. "If I don't pump then my son won't have anything to eat"

Is it not option to supplement with formula?

My youngest has been exclusively bottle fed, for a few reasons. He's nearly 4 months now, so Mrs P agreed I could dust off (and thoroughly clean though) our old tommee tippee perfect prep machine. Game changer, bottle made in 2 minutes rather than 30.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My youngest has been exclusively bottle fed, for a few reasons. He's nearly 4 months now, so Mrs P agreed I could dust off (and thoroughly clean though) our old tommee tippee perfect prep machine. Game changer, bottle made in 2 minutes rather than 30.

They're incredible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mine appears to be allergic to formula (so probably allergic to milk). Which is annoying, as he doesn't like the taste of lactose free formula.

His mom is done with breastfeeding now. All the pumping and expressing has driven her to despair so we're trying to get him onto the formula as quick as we can.

To be honest I'm done with it too. If I have to spend another evening listening to her moan about her **** breastpumps I'll explode

My wife tried with both of ours and neither she or the babies got on with it.

They are both fit, heathy and happy having been raised on formula. Many will insist it’s like giving them cigarettes.

Â