kimmie

On 07/08/2022 at 22:38, WakefieldVillan said:

Henry Charles ❤💜💙

rps20220807_223639.jpg

Bloody royalists.

Congrats ;)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Half Polish, half English baby StefanAVFC due September.

Woop woop? :D 

That’s brilliant, mate. Big congrats!

Mariusz is a very good Polish name btw. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

First time father to a 2 week newborn boy.

He's been home a week due to some birth complications.

I've read some horror stories about crying and am aware how things can change with babies sleeping patterns for better and worse but so far he's been pretty good, he only cries when he is hungry and being changed and sleeps somewhat regularly in 2 or 3 hour spurts. I hope this continues and improves.

Despite this I feel incredible guilt, I actually think we've got a good one. I told him last night at 2 a.m he's a good boy and it's me failing him because I just can't shake the negativity that sleeping in shifts and waiting constantly for the next feed and nappy change is so draining. Plus I go back to work next week and there is anxiety there though I know we will all cope. I can work from home half the week or when I require.

It gets better doesn't it that's what people say. Enjoy the newborn stage they won't be young forever.

I just want to fast forward my life 6 months.

I’m seven and a half weeks in and it has got worse but also better. My daughter started struggling with reflux about two weeks in which has made the sleeping worse and it’s stressful to see her squirming in pain, BUT I feel so much better mentally than during those first few weeks where it felt like I’d gone into a crushing anxiety-depression when I was supposed to be the happiest I’d ever been. That slowly subsided as I got used to the new reality and the bond with my daughter grew. Now she’s smiling and interacting, which makes all the sacrifice that much more rewarding. It’s still tough but it feels much more bearable.

Hang in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frobisher said:

My daughter started struggling with reflux

Our youngest granddaughter suffered badly with it. During the first lockdown. And both parents got covid (pre-vax days). They got through it. 

The big improvement came when she was weaned onto solid food. Now just turned three, and sound as a bell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've read some horror stories about crying and am aware how things can change with babies sleeping patterns for better and worse but so far he's been pretty good, he only cries when he is hungry and being changed and sleeps somewhat regularly in 2 or 3 hour spurts. I hope this continues and improves.

Despite this I feel incredible guilt, I actually think we've got a good one. I told him last night at 2 a.m he's a good boy and it's me failing him because I just can't shake the negativity that sleeping in shifts and waiting constantly for the next feed and nappy change is so draining. Plus I go back to work next week and there is anxiety there though I know we will all cope. I can work from home half the week or when I require.

It gets better doesn't it that's what people say. Enjoy the newborn stage they won't be young forever.

Congratulations 😊

The first few weeks are very draining mate, but it does get easier 👍 It is hard to really enjoy it when you are just so tired, but you've got to try cos time goes so quickly, even more so as a new parent.

Ours is 6 months now and he was a nightmare to get to sleep but currently he's going to bed at around 7.30pm and up around 7.00am - It's fantastic. But I know there will be regressions and many other challenges on the way.

Good luck!

Not Mariusz or Matty :P

For names, we are only considering those the same, or similar enough, in both languages.

Frontrunners are Filip, Oskar, Feliks and Teodor for a boy, girl we can't agree at all.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

For names, we are only considering those the same, or similar enough, in both languages.

Frontrunners are Filip, Oskar, Feliks and Teodor for a boy, girl we can't agree at all.

Lechsinka? 👀

Congratulations mate!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Congratulations mate!

It all changes so much, just go with the ride and enjoy having a son who will mean more to you than you ever thought possible.  It's OK to feel guilty/sad/upset/horrifically tired - just be the best version of rodders0223 Dad that you can be.

The bit in bold though, man that's a weird transition.  Pat leave in the UK is nowhere near long enough.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Congratulations mate!

It all changes so much, just go with the ride and enjoy having a son who will mean more to you than you ever thought possible.  It's OK to feel guilty/sad/upset/horrifically tired - just be the best version of rodders0223 Dad that you can be.

The bit in bold though, man that's a weird transition.  Pat leave in the UK is nowhere near long enough.

I work for a German company, they get so much. We get 2 weeks standard here; wife gets 100% paid sick leave for whole pregnancy (if she wants it) plus 1 year 80% paid.

We can also split the 80% leave between us.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Thanks all.

I could have had more but my company standard is 2 weeks stat pay. I've took 2 weeks holiday and was leaving the paternity pay option open, I don't think I will take it as I don't want to lose £1000+

It is a disgrace.

I did 2 weeks pat leave (as you say, standard) but then also took 3 months shared paternity at the end of the year.  Essentially, I was with my children for months 9 to 12 with about a month overlap with the missus where we had time together (it also made sense financially as she earns more than me, and those last 3 months are unpaid... but it was pretty awesome).

But yeah, 2 weeks to have bonding and getting used to your new life - often with very little/disturbed sleep - then, BAM, see you later missus and baby, back to full time work for me.  And I feel like a zombie, woo!

• Confused 1

I had 6 weeks leave when my daughter was born, combination of paternity leave and annual leave. I don't know if I would have wanted more than that!

Although, this was during full lockdown part deux, so although I was working from home after the end of those 6 weeks, it felt like an extension of the time spent with her, able to take 15 mins for nappy change or whatever, when I wanted to. 

Yeah me too, my daughter was born at the start of rona so spent 6 months at home "working" with her and then the boy was born last year so i was 3 days a week at home with him

Now I'm back full time on site

I could take however much paternity time as I wanted split with the wife (she took 2 years) but it was a minimum of 2 months off, the pay is capped meaning its effectively a pay cut I maybe could have afforded but I didn't want to and more importantly after even 2 months off I'd find it really hard to go back to work, my employer thought I was **** mad for not taking it

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's got to be Cafu 

Â