The VT Baby club

kimmie

• 1 month later...

"I'm a five month baby fully capable of sleeping 5 - 6 hours without food or entertainment but I'm going to wake up every hour and jabber your head off" " I'm going to be fully awoke at 6 a.m, and by 8 a.m be absolute raging with tiredness, I'm going to spend the next 90 minutes rubbing my eyes, hitting and kicking the floor and screaming because I don't want to go to sleep, even though I actually do. I really do."

The guy is a knob!

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"I'm a five month baby fully capable of sleeping 5 - 6 hours without food or entertainment but I'm going to wake up every hour and jabber your head off" " I'm going to be fully awoke at 6 a.m, and by 8 a.m be absolute raging with tiredness, I'm going to spend the next 90 minutes rubbing my eyes, hitting and kicking the floor and screaming because I don't want to go to sleep, even though I actually do. I really do."

The guy is a knob!

I would like to say they grow out of it but it sounds like me, in my 50s. 

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2023 at 10:29, rodders0223 said:

The guy is a knob!

«I’m an eight year old boy fully capable of reading a book alone in my bed and be quiet when told to, but I’m going to make you read to me and stay in my room until I fall asleep and talk relentlessly about Super Mario for an hour and a half before I do.» 

Get used to it 😂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2023 at 09:29, rodders0223 said:

First time father to a 2 week newborn boy.

He's been home a week due to some birth complications.

I've read some horror stories about crying and am aware how things can change with babies sleeping patterns for better and worse but so far he's been pretty good, he only cries when he is hungry and being changed and sleeps somewhat regularly in 2 or 3 hour spurts. I hope this continues and improves.

Despite this I feel incredible guilt, I actually think we've got a good one. I told him last night at 2 a.m he's a good boy and it's me failing him because I just can't shake the negativity that sleeping in shifts and waiting constantly for the next feed and nappy change is so draining. Plus I go back to work next week and there is anxiety there though I know we will all cope. I can work from home half the week or when I require.

It gets better doesn't it that's what people say. Enjoy the newborn stage they won't be young forever.

I just want to fast forward my life 6 months.

I get sleep now. Life is good, we actually have a person, a great one. "You'll miss those moments"

I absolutely won't. Those months were brutal nd anybody who says otherwise is lying!

It'd be a shame not to give him a sibling but I don't think I have it in me....and I think this kid is one of the chill ones. God forbid we get a screaming dick

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What's the youngest you'd take a kid to the football?
Say my son would be 1 in the FA cup tie if it's a home one and it's 30k attendance I'd be comfortable taking him, it's really not phased by anything.

I know he's not going to pay attention , he'll be bored after 10 minutes but the experience and the sensory I think would be good for him

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What's the youngest you'd take a kid to the football?
Say my son would be 1 in the FA cup tie if it's a home one and it's 30k attendance I'd be comfortable taking him, it's really not phased by anything.

I know he's not going to pay attention , he'll be bored after 10 minutes but the experience and the sensory I think would be good for him

the noise is still pretty mental, i took my nephew to a preseason friendly when he was 4 or 5 and it wasn't the number of people or the ground or the occasion it was the PA system

Â