The VT Baby club

kimmie

15 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Moving on from here, my wife's waters broke at 3.30am Thursday morning and we are still in hospital now and she's gone from 2cm, to 4cm to 5cm to 7cm dilation over 24 hours! It has been the hardest night watching her suffer, we've both had one hours sleep when her epidural kicked in early hours of this morning. We are mentally drained, she is physically drained.

Positive is baby is ok (at the moment). She needs to just keep going for a few more hours 🤞 

How’s it going buddy? 

8 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Wife & baby have to stay in the hospital tonight for checking over, but I'm not allowed to which is really crap cos she's in no fit state really to look after him alone on barely any sleep 😐

They’ll take good care of them in the hospital don’t worry, same happened to me last year due to Covid restrictions on the post natal ward. Congratulations!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I am an official VT baby club member!

A dad at 45! 👶 Henry Charles I think we're going for but deciding tomorrow when it all sinks in 💙

Born 9lb 2oz ☺ at 15.39 today.

My wife was in labour around 35 hours I think, just couldn't get fully dilated, eventually thought she was but there was a bit of the cervix in the way and also baby was in wrong position.

Eventually lead doctor said we had two choices which were a C section or he would try with forceps to shift babys head but both would be performed in theatre. 

My wife really didn't want the C section and was in a proper mess by now, understandably - luckily the doctor managed to get baby out (with utensil) & shoved baby up to me and wife covered in blood, gunge the lot (that vision will never leave me 🤢😅) we were relieved it was over but then 2 docs took baby away and there wasn't a sound coming from him since he came out, something wasn't right, so I was anxiously looking over, what seemed like several minutes baby eventually cried - when I went over to find out sex to tell my wife the doc told me baby wasn't breathing for a few seconds but then responded to whatever it was the doc did.. that hit me, i walked back to the wife and told her it was boy, we both burst into tears. That moment I will never forget for sure ❤.

Wife & baby have to stay in the hospital tonight for checking over, but I'm not allowed to which is really crap cos she's in no fit state really to look after him alone on barely any sleep 😐

But I'm absolutely buzzing ! 😊

I feel for you, my missus was in Labour for close to 34 hours, Induced at 6pm Friday, born 4am Sunday morning

Congratulations to you and especially your wife

• Thanks 1

On 04/08/2022 at 15:33, mjmooney said:

Pregnancy is nine months, parenting is several decades. What's a few hours of labour, compared with that? 

Several decades starts now! 

• 4 weeks later...

Early days for us but this is my experience so far.

"I'm really worried about money. I don't know how we are going to manage."

"....hey I just saw a pregnancy pillow what do you think?"  £100+

"I'm stressing out about money and how we will cope."

"...hey I just saw this online class for expectant parents, just £30 a month."

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Early days for us but this is my experience so far.

"I'm really worried about money. I don't know how we are going to manage."

"....hey I just saw a pregnancy pillow what do you think?"  £100+

"I'm stressing out about money and how we will cope."

"...hey I just saw this online class for expectant parents, just £30 a month."

It’s a nightmare, they make you feel like bad parents for NOT spending big on stuff you don’t need.

Second and third babies are far cheaper in that respect as you’ve realised how much money you wasted with the first.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a nightmare, they make you feel like bad parents for NOT spending big on stuff you don’t need.

Second and third babies are far cheaper in that respect as you’ve realised how much money you wasted with the first.

And you've got hand-me-downs. 

My daughters buy their kids' clothes almost exclusively secondhand, online. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

And you've got hand-me-downs. 

My daughters buy their kids' clothes almost exclusively secondhand, online. 

With the first you wouldn’t dream of buying second hand, oh my, what a terrible parent.

Then when they’ve grown out of all this expensive stuff they barely wore, and then it’s only worth 10% of what you paid second hand you realise you’re doing it wrong.

• Like 1

Even with the first I had a lot of 2nd hand stuff from friends and family, they grow crazy quick, get everything dirty and they don't give a shit 

My daughter was also having to take iron and anything that stuff touched when she dribbled or spat it out was instantly ruined 

On stuff I bought myself I went to primary and c&a, it's surprising who disney tart their characters out to and its all decent enough to get by

Edit - one thing my wife did do really well during her pregnancies was register the baby with a throw away email address to a fair few websites that did baby welcome packs, the german equivalents of boots and wilkos, and sure enough they sent us a little box with like 4 nappies, a bottle, a dummy, some wet wipes, baby shampoo etc she got maybe 200€ worth of stuff all in 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/09/2022 at 17:56, villa4europe said:

On stuff I bought myself I went to primary and c&a, it's surprising who disney tart their characters out to and its all decent enough to get by 

Do you have stuff like Tedi, Pepco, Kik etc? Crazy cheap over here and decent quality

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We have tedi and kik and I've been in them a couple of times but not that much but yeah I know what you mean

Obviously childless here but the mrs has a load of mates with kids and she always gets them decent stuff from there

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Obviously childless here but the mrs has a load of mates with kids and she always gets them decent stuff from there

Yeah they do cheap toys and rubber balls etc too sure I've got like a 1€ winnie the pooh football from there that kind of thing rather than having a good look at the clothes 

• 2 months later...
Â