The VT Baby club

kimmie

My wife had our second son on August 19th.

We already have one boy who was two last week.

Life at home is now utterly mental (in a good way). Never get a spare second. It's sometimes a relief to come to work to get some peace, not something I ever thought I would say!!

Fatherhood at 40 is exhausting but fun.

My wife had our second son on August 19th.

We already have one boy who was two last week.

Life at home is now utterly mental (in a good way). Never get a spare second. It's sometimes a relief to come to work to get some peace, not something I ever thought I would say!!

Fatherhood at 40 is exhausting but fun.

uh ho, my first son turns two in 3 weeks, and my second son is due in 3 weeks as well.

my lad is not even 2 yet, Ive just had to register him for a nursery he cant start at for another year so that he can go to a particular school in 3 years. Didnt think Id have to be making decisions like that yet. he is number 27 of a 30 child intake for that year already.

My boy is 14 months old. We enrolled him in a nursery just 1 afternoon a week to give his mum a break and to help him learn about other children and school etc. I must say, after just 4 or 5 sessions his progression is amazing. He's learnt new words, singing new songs, doing the actions and loads of stuff he must have picked up from there. I'd definitely recommend doing it sooner rather than later. Too many people wait until they are 3 when they qualify for the free hours. For the sake of £15-£20 its money very well spent.

my lad is not even 2 yet, Ive just had to register him for a nursery he cant start at for another year so that he can go to a particular school in 3 years. Didnt think Id have to be making decisions like that yet. he is number 27 of a 30 child intake for that year already.

could you explain how that works?

i thought you apply to the school the year before they start, and then its done on catchment area?

unless you mean a private school i guess?

The second will be easier for us no question. No more panicking all the time between 0 and 9 months.

If temperature is okay it's either food nappy or wind. Plus early stages they sleep all the time. The only stress would be surviving on one wage again for 9 months

could you explain how that works?

i thought you apply to the school the year before they start, and then its done on catchment area?

unless you mean a private school i guess?

That will vary hugely between individual schools. A nursery being attached to a school shouldnt be a factor as to whether you get into a school or not though. Being in the catchment area is quite important though, especially at the better schools which are often oversubscribed. Postcode lottery at its worst, but I think being at a decent school is extremely important. We were lucky to get into an excellent one (they have had to reduce the catchment area as so many people were applying) and our daughter has absolutely thrived there, its a million miles from how I remember school being for my sisters kid who lives on the other side of town. Being near a good school is definitely something to consider.

well, i was asking because i'm very close to the primary school that i want my child to go to, and am inside their catchment area.

they also have a nursery attached to the school, but my kid goes to a different nursery.

i don't want to be put lower down the list just because he doesn't attend their nursery.

In my experience of both England and Scotland, there is no negative/positive influence on a Primary place, based on attendance at that schools' Nursery. They are treated separately. The Primary place is usually based on catchment areas, but the Nursery places often aren't.

• 4 weeks later...
Â