The VT Baby club

kimmie

I am new to this thread but have just had our 12 week scan today for my first!

One thing that hit me was just how real it it all became in the space of a few seconds!

Never having any experience of children before Im actually really quite nervous about the whole thing!

Get a load of money, and chuck it down a drain. ;) Similar effect so I've heard.

on the contrary no money will ever be better spent or give you more joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, everybody says it, enjoy lazy sunday 'duvet' days cos you aint gonna have any more for a very long time!!

On the flip side, there is nothing better (imo) than having a little cuddle and chat in the middle of the night with your new born baby whilst the world is asleep.

We're just starting looking at getting bits and pieces in preparation for our baby's arrival. I can't believe the price of pushchairs! :shock:

There are so many to choose from aswell. Any tips from those who have been down this road recently?

Depends mainly on what car you drive, and how much you've got to spend.

We've got a Freelander and started off with a Mamas and Papas Ultima

20100216-xhwtbs9k6tkekdu2y1pi6yw572.jpg

Which came with a car seat, stand, stroller, pram etc. I think we got a deal for £550 ish. It was great except the wheels we got are fixed so steering awkward and it is massively bulky even when folded. AND you get done for another £135 for the ISOFIX seat base, which although not totally necessary, is loads more secure than the seatbelt only fitting.

So we then got a Quinny Buzz stroller. Which is much better, still bulky but less so than the M&P one.

large-quinny-buzz-2011-rebel-red.jpg

As your child gets bigger, you don't need the pram base etc. so maybe change to a fold up stroller?

Treat it like buying a car, some brands are Fords, some are Skoda's, some are Mercs.... how much they want should give you a clue how they see themselves.

My little girl turns 1 tomorrow. Can't believe how fast its gone......

Crikey the worlds insane! You guys nearly spend as much on a child as I do on my Parson Russell Terrier

my lad is not even 2 yet, Ive just had to register him for a nursery he cant start at for another year so that he can go to a particular school in 3 years. Didnt think Id have to be making decisions like that yet. he is number 27 of a 30 child intake for that year already.

Trying to raise my daughter (13months old, doesn't talk) in the ways of the Villa whislt watching the Football League show......

IMAG0637.jpg

When the SHA game came on I said, "We don't like Small Heath do we?"

Lauren looked a bit bored and crawled off.

Then I looked down at where she was sat.....

IMAG0641.jpg

I was a very proud Daddy to say the least........

Â