The VT Baby club

kimmie

I'm knackered already, labour started at 2am, was born half 8 on the night, had to wait till 4am before we had a bed in the ward.... right next to the snoring Jamaican woman who leaves her baby to scream all night. Ah well hopefully going home soon.

Congratulations Tamuff. My daughter was born at around 6.45 am and Nay was in labour for a good 20 odd hours. I had a chronic back problem at the time and was completely **** by the time Jess arrived.

Hope you like sleepless nights, lol.

:D posting from Good Hope, baby Liam was born last night at 20.34. He's a big lad at 9lb but mummy somehow got him out with just gas and air. Both are doing perfectly. :D

I wonder how many VTers were born at Good Hope ?

I'm one of them !

Me too! Although we've decided to not have our first child there.

• 7 months later...
16 months old, doesn't talk, doesn't walk, doesn't sleep through the night yet, just points and demands things he wants.

such a lazy boy.

this baby-rearing lark is harder than i thought.

Haha, sounds like a teenager not a baby!

Ours in 5 months, started sitting up, no words yet but she's trying. Getting married in october and hope to have her walking by then!

• 2 months later...

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. We have told our families only and are waiting until after the 12 week mark to tell our friends and workmates. It's bloody hard to do!

It also doesn't seem real yet. When does the reality hit you? After the first scan I imagine? Big changes to our lifestyle on the way but it's exciting!

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. We have told our families only and are waiting until after the 12 week mark to tell our friends and workmates. It's bloody hard to do!

It also doesn't seem real yet. When does the reality hit you? After the first scan I imagine? Big changes to our lifestyle on the way but it's exciting!

Congratulations VillaEire!!

i think the proper reality only hits you (the man) when the baby is born... and then you don't sleep for the next year!

my wife is 14 weeks pregnant with baby no2, and our first child is now 18 months old. 1st one was hard enough, not sure how we'll come with 2 at the same time!

Congrats mate! :D

Its brilliant. Best job in the world.

George is 10 months in a couple of days, he can speed crawl now which is chaos! It is hard work, the hardest part we have found is his teething which has been pretty much none stop for the last 2 months. Grumpy babies aint good, especially at 3am.

As ender4 said, you dont really get it into your head until he/she pops out, then your whole life changes in a second (for the better).

Congrats again mate, you'll love it.

i think the proper reality only hits you (the man) when the baby is born... and then you don't sleep for the next year!

my wife is 14 weeks pregnant with baby no2, and our first child is now 18 months old. 1st one was hard enough, not sure how we'll come with 2 at the same time!

Congrats guys!! My wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our first. I'm soooooo excited. I wish tomorrow was Nov 21st!

Congrats guys!! My wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our first. I'm soooooo excited. I wish tomorrow was Nov 21st!

Is Carlos going to be the godfather? :winkold:

Is Carlos going to be the godfather? :winkold:

Hehehe. Actually when I told him the good news he was really excited and said if it's a boy it'll have to have a Villa tryout ASAP!

I like the name Carlos, because we'd like to give the baby a Spanish name...but that'd be a bit too homo-obsessed! Another downside to giving it a Spanish name is that it'd get mispronounced and the kid would get made fun of big time!!!

It won't hit you until he' she has arrived in the world! The actual birth was the worst and best time of my life at the same time! Truely magical.

We probably started to tell friends around the 8 week mark, i was pissed and let it slip to a couple of close mates. Its too difficult to keep quiet!

Big lifestyle changes on the way but i love it, wouldn't have it any other way.

I forgot about this thread - piccies of Caleb..as I'm now a Granny for the first time...

calebjoshuainhospital.jpg

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5932/calebg.th.jpg' alt='calebg.th.jpg'>

It won't hit you until he' she has arrived in the world! The actual birth was the worst and best time of my life at the same time! Truely magical.

We probably started to tell friends around the 8 week mark, i was pissed and let it slip to a couple of close mates. Its too difficult to keep quiet!

Big lifestyle changes on the way but i love it, wouldn't have it any other way.

I've purposely not gone out the last few weeks because I don't trust myself to keep my mouth shut after a few pints. Plus the fact that people will be asking the mrs why she isn't drinking so it's easier to just steer clear even though our friends probably think we have turned into hermits.

Â