The VT Baby club

kimmie

How is the baby Caleb (Folan)?

He's fine thanks...

He's so gorgeous and doing really well. I'm glad to say he's being fed by his Mum Leah and both are just blooming.

He might have a Dad who doesn't even bother to find out if he's arrived...but he has two uncle's who absolutely adore their nephew already, not to mention the rest of family and friends who love him to bits!

I can't beleive how great it feels being a Granny! 8) It's been a lovely weekend in Great Barr with the whole family being together for a change as we all live so far apart!

leahcaleb.jpg

dsc000202.th.jpg

shem.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Not sure if a topic exists for VT Dads, but thought I'd start one. I'm expecting my first baby in December and thought I would consult the VT Dads to see if there's any handy tips/advice that maybe isn't in the books?! I've read a couple of books, one shit (as if it was written by Danny Dyer), and one really good - but I'd value real life experiences more I think.

Also, did you insist on your son/daughter growing up as a Villa fan? I'm torn, insomuch that my Dad is an avid Sheffield Wednesday fan, and he forced that on my older brother but decided not to with me after seeing my brother absolutely devastated when they got relegated in the late 80's......and I really thank him for that. Be interested to see how you've gone about that? I'm sure when it comes to it I won't be able to resist buying mini Villa kits and regailing him with stories about Dean Saunders.

Cheers!

I've read a couple of books, one shit (as if it was written by Danny Dyer)

Awright?! Oim Danny Dyah, 'un welcum tah "Danny Dyah's Deadliest Toddlahs". Ovah da next hour, O'ill be babysittin' sum o'da most roofless, narsty, badass babees in da world. Deese kiddees could frow tantrums larstin' anyfin' up to an hour. Some of dem are even teevin'. Will Oi make it owt alive? Yows probablee 'ope not.

Also, did you insist on your son/daughter growing up as a Villa fan?

There'd be something wrong with you if you did anything else

I've read a couple of books, one shit (as if it was written by Danny Dyer)

Awright?! Oim Danny Dyah, 'un welcum tah "Danny Dyah's Deadliest Toddlahs". Ovah da next hour, O'ill be babysittin' sum o'da most roofless, narsty, badass babees in da world. Deese kiddees could frow tantrums larstin' anyfin' up to an hour. Some of dem are even teevin'. Will Oi make it owt alive? Yows probablee 'ope not.

Essentially spot on. I think one chapter started "Now I know you'd rather be down the pub with the boys than do this but...."

Brilliant.

There'd be something wrong with you if you did anything else

You don't need to insist.

Just don't feed them if they stray from the Claret and Blue path.

First advice is don't read any books on parenting bring your children up how you want to not how some person thinks you should .. I didn't and mine have turned out ok

right must dash i'm off to visit my son Jon and his mate Robert Thompson

Aha, thanks for redirecting my post whoever did the honours...

I can't wait - getting waves of excitement, nervousness, self-doubt etc...all the usual I guess. It's good to have something far more important to think about than getting too worked up about our next bloody manager!

I'm expecting my first baby in December and thought I would consult the VT Dads to see if there's any handy tips/advice that maybe isn't in the books?!

My first child is now 18 months old, and its been the craziest 18 months of my life.

Be ready for major changes, and most importantly learn to go with the flow. Take each obstacle in your stride, and when things don't go how you want them to put it down to a learning curve.

Each day turns out completely different to how you expect it to, so don't plan things too far in advance.

Get a work/life balance (if you haven't got it already), you want to spend time with your kid, the time passes by so so fast.

If you're someone who is always on time (like me), accept that you will be late to most things due to last minute nappy changes, feeding, crying, etc.

Learn to sleep whenever you get the chance, and prioritise sleep over other activities.

Sky+/V+ is your friend. Only watch what you really want to watch, no time for the rest.

-If you're someone who is always on time (like me), accept that you will be late to most things due to last minute nappy changes, feeding, crying, etc.

-Sky+/V+ is your friend. Only watch what you really want to watch, no time for the rest.

Very true

I'm expecting my first baby in December and thought I would consult the VT Dads to see if there's any handy tips/advice that maybe isn't in the books?!

My first child is now 18 months old, and its been the craziest 18 months of my life.

Be ready for major changes, and most importantly learn to go with the flow. Take each obstacle in your stride, and when things don't go how you want them to put it down to a learning curve.

Each day turns out completely different to how you expect it to, so don't plan things too far in advance.

Get a work/life balance (if you haven't got it already), you want to spend time with your kid, the time passes by so so fast.

If you're someone who is always on time (like me), accept that you will be late to most things due to last minute nappy changes, feeding, crying, etc.

Learn to sleep whenever you get the chance, and prioritise sleep over other activities.

Sky+/V+ is your friend. Only watch what you really want to watch, no time for the rest.

Take note John...the man talks sense :nod:

My boy is now 10 months old, I can say with my hand on my heart that I thoroughly loved the night feeds and miss them immensely. Something about being up in the middle of the night when its cold and dark outside. Just you and the baby having a bit of alone time. :thumb:

Cheers lads!

Is good to hear that about the night feeding mate........people have certainly been quick to mention the horrors of being up all night, so it's good to hear a positive about it!

Out of interest, did you fine out the sex at the 20 week scan? I want to find out (is on 18th July), but my other half doesn't....wants the surprise. I've got my practical head on thinking that it'd be far easier knowing when buying stuff before he/she is born etc.........that and I'm just bloody impatient!

One bit of advice I wanna give to all new parents....capture every moment, don't be afraid to video your son/daughter NO MATTER WHAT.

Even this silly things, like when they pull a face when they got wind, ANYTHING!

It's so great to look back and remember!

We found out at 20 weeks. We agreed it was the best thing to do, you should take your OH round the shops and look at baby clothes, there are loads and loads for girls, less for boys and next to nothing suitable for either.

Â