Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Was having some fun riding around on the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse in Undead Nightmare, only to find that the, uh, on fire one dies horribly easily. It slid (literally) down a tiny ledge and then just keeled over and died! His flames went out and everything, pretty shitty thing to do, here I was thinking it was undead.

After I completed it, I decided I'd go and have a look to see if I could get revenge on the law. I read in the newspaper that the guy that killed me, w/e his name was, had retired and moved to a small house near a lake. I went to that house and found noone :(

There arent any follow on mission for the guys son to do are there?

You're missing something here. There is a very significant mission in the epilogue after you read that newspaper. If memory serves, go to the (I think) train platform in Blackwater

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I completed it, I decided I'd go and have a look to see if I could get revenge on the law. I read in the newspaper that the guy that killed me, w/e his name was, had retired and moved to a small house near a lake. I went to that house and found noone

Soooooo...you havent completed it then?? :lol:

Still never completed this...got bored and never evan made it to Mexico!

Same here wiggy, I think I got too waylaid (sp?) by the little side missions and ended up forgetting what I was doing.

Was having some fun riding around on the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse in Undead Nightmare, only to find that the, uh, on fire one dies horribly easily. It slid (literally) down a tiny ledge and then just keeled over and died! His flames went out and everything, pretty shitty thing to do, here I was thinking it was undead.

After I completed it, I decided I'd go and have a look to see if I could get revenge on the law. I read in the newspaper that the guy that killed me, w/e his name was, had retired and moved to a small house near a lake. I went to that house and found noone :(

There arent any follow on mission for the guys son to do are there?

You're missing something here. There is a very significant mission in the epilogue after you read that newspaper. If memory serves, go to the (I think) train platform in Blackwater

Yes it's a purple question mark - looks like a side quest but it's really the final chapter.

I restarted this recently, nearly done now though, it's not very often I replay games, but this one is worth a replay.

mykeyb, stick with it, it's slow to start, all the mission you do at the start for the McFarlane's are just showing you the ropes, things will get more interesting when you meet West Dickins etc.

I am royally **** off. I've just returned home to my family, am eagerly awaiting seeing the game come to it's conclusion (after having taken the time out to do all the ambient challenges, including sinking **** hours into searching for god-damned plants) and it keeps **** crashing. As soon as I get to Dixon's Crossing with Jack in tow (heading to the Macfarlane's to buy cattle) the game **** crashes. I've tried re-loading and taking the mission slowly to allow the world time to spawn, I've tried reverting to an earlier save, I've tried installing to the hard-drive but the **** disc gets to 77% and can't install as it can't read the **** disc. I am in spitting distance of the god-damned finish line of one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've ever had, and I CAN'T **** COMPLETE IT.

:angry::rant::bang:

I got my copy back today after my nephew had had it for a few months. Planned to finally play the Undead Nightmare stuff, but PSN is out so I cant download it. :lol:

I am royally **** off. I've just returned home to my family, am eagerly awaiting seeing the game come to it's conclusion (after having taken the time out to do all the ambient challenges, including sinking **** hours into searching for god-damned plants) and it keeps **** crashing. As soon as I get to Dixon's Crossing with Jack in tow (heading to the Macfarlane's to buy cattle) the game **** crashes. I've tried re-loading and taking the mission slowly to allow the world time to spawn, I've tried reverting to an earlier save, I've tried installing to the hard-drive but the **** disc gets to 77% and can't install as it can't read the **** disc. I am in spitting distance of the god-damned finish line of one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've ever had, and I CAN'T **** COMPLETE IT.

:angry::rant::bang:

Not ideal, but you could rent a copy, install that to your hard drive and then you should be able to play with your own copy. Worked for me when I had the exact same problem, including only installing to a certain point, with Fable II. Thinking about it I had another disc that wouldn't install, can't remember the game now, and despite sounding stupid I put it in the freezer overnight and it miraculously installed the next day. So you could try that first... the main point being once you get it on hd you will be fine to play even with a scratched disc. This is on 360, so if you're on PS3 I have probably just wasted your time and mine! Good luck anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
am i the only one that thinks this is one, if not the best game ever?

For me it's up there with the 10 best games i've ever played. If they decide to make a second, i don't know how they would top this one.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone 100% this?

im on 88%, done all challenges except sharpshooter rank 10 (which looks impossible) just need to find a few more bounty/strangers and do all the suits - which look like they take a long time

Â