Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

In true Stevo style, I might pick this up when I get paid next week and see what the fuss is about

And I did, although much later than I intended.

Still haven't finished it, mind you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need to skin an animal, make sure your horse is standing on the animal first.  It skips the animation.   You'll understand why I'm saying that after the 20th time you see the animation. 

I was going to say pay off any bounties as soon as humanly possible, but having a shoot out in a ravine is too much fun.*

*This is best done if you play it a second time, because being a bad-ass is completely out of step with the character, but when you've done it all it is fun to try and be a complete Lee Van Cleef.

Also, Daniel Day-Lewis is in the town Plainview (as Daniel Plainview) if you like a wee Easter egg.

Ok, NOW I've finished the story (evidently there was one more small mission left to do)

Up to 4 beavers now. Went back to the same spot and just campe dout for like 2 days (gametime) and eventually found two. It makes it interesting that there's quite a lot of bears in that spot, so there's constant tension filled with me nearly shooting my horse every 30 seconds because it moves and I think it's a bear.
I also passed the time by trying (and failing) to complete one of the sharpshooter challenges.

It says I have to shoot two different wild animals in the same dead eye meter. Is there some sort of criteria that makes an animal wild? Because I shot a wolf, a boar and a bird i the same dead eye meter and it didn't work. Are they not all wild?

Edited by Stevo985

WHat next?!

I intend to try and complete this 100%, although I'll probably cheat and look stuff up on the net to do so.

BUt after that, is there any benefit to replaying it on "hardcore" or is that literally just the same game but harder?

Also, now that the story is over, is there any disadvantage to turning him into a badass and just shoot the **** out of everyone as I try and 100% it? Because I've been eager to do that for a while but didn't want to take my honour down.

And Undead Nightmare? Any good? (I've got it, it came with the GOTY edition)

WHat next?!

I intend to try and complete this 100%, although I'll probably cheat and look stuff up on the net to do so.

BUt after that, is there any benefit to replaying it on "hardcore" or is that literally just the same game but harder?

Also, now that the story is over, is there any disadvantage to turning him into a badass and just shoot the **** out of everyone as I try and 100% it? Because I've been eager to do that for a while but didn't want to take my honour down.

And Undead Nightmare? Any good? (I've got it, it came with the GOTY edition)

No need for cheating to get 100% completion, it's not actually too hard to do. I managed it!

Undead Nightmare is brilliant, I bought the DLC as soon as it came out and I think I would have happily paid double the price for it, it is so good.

Awesome.

And good to know about the 100% stuff. I'd much rather do it without cheating but if I was envisaging myself getting to 95.5% and not knowing what to do next!

I'm not stuck on anything yet. I was just anticipating not knowing what it was I needed to do to get 100%

And I wan't talking about actual cheats like codes or anything. I just meant using a walkthrough online to complete the last few things if I got stuck.

But if you know anywhere to find Beavers I'd be interested to hear it!

(The area just south of Tall Trees (on the map) alongside the big river is the only place I've been able to find any so far)

I'm not stuck on anything yet. I was just anticipating not knowing what it was I needed to do to get 100%

And I wan't talking about actual cheats like codes or anything. I just meant using a walkthrough online to complete the last few things if I got stuck.

But if you know anywhere to find Beavers I'd be interested to hear it!

(The area just south of Tall Trees (on the map) alongside the big river is the only place I've been able to find any so far)

After having a look at a map to refresh my memory, I think I went to the Aurora Basin, just by Tall Trees. Or you could try following the stream that runs between Tall Trees and Great Plains, about as far North as you can go on the map.

YEah that's where I've been looking. And only found them in this one spot.

(On the map, in game not sure if it's the same on the printed out, there's a large clearing just below where it says "Tall Trees". It's got a picture of 3 deer (I think) on it. That's the spot)

I found my beavers in the Great Plains

It took me ages the first time I played, and actually quit the game because of it. When I played through it again a year later I found them easily.

Believe me, there are many things that are harder to find than beavers in the game. If you want to 100% it, you have to be dedicated!

Â