Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

9 hours ago, hogso said:

Neoseeker amongst others now carrying the story that's in development for a 2017 release and reveal at E3. The article I read also provided a name - Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. 

Redemption 2 makes some sense if the game does star the kid from the Redemption, but that subtitle is so shitty it must be wrong, surely. I was expecting another 'R' like Red Dead Rebellion, or something 

But Rockstar never, ever attend E3.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they did turn up they could be the only big deal at E3 this year. It'd be headline news on a good year, but with the drop outs this year they'd walk it just by appearing on one of the big 2s events to say they're making it.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

For those with a modern Xbox console (Xbox One, One X, Series S, Series X) then you can buy Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox store right now and play it at up to 4K 30FPS (1080p on XOne, 1440p on Series S). You also get to play multiplayer which is cut from the soon to be re-released version on PS4 and Switch. Better yet, it costs £24 and goes up to £30 if you add the Undead Nightmare DLC. So, not only is it £20 less than what Rockstar are charging on PS4 and Switch, it also has more content because the Xbox version still has access to multiplayer and those servers are still live. Plus, unless the re-release on PS4 and Switch comes with all the ancillary DLC packs for golden guns, warhorse, hunting and trading etc. Then the Xbox version also has that advantage as every DLC pack from back in the day is still available and can be purchased separately.  

I don't understand this re-release. I understand why they aren't re-releasing on Xbox because Red Dead Redemption has been on modern Xbox consoles for 7-years now, but they are charging way too much on PS4 and Switch for a bare minimum port that isn't even being done by Rockstar, it's being done by Double Eleven Studios which may mean it lacks quality in other areas as well. Rockstar continue to deliver the bare minimum when it comes to keeping their older titles relevant as they only seem to care about GTA V and the upcoming GTA VI. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

O B L I G A T O R Y 

Short version, it looks better on PS5 (using the default FSR2 over FXAA) with this re-released version than the backwards compatibility on Series X. There are no updates to textures, most of the poor quality art, and it runs at 30fps. 

On 19/08/2023 at 22:16, villa4europe said:

Do they ask the question why it exists?

Same with the switch version it just feels a bit bizarre to do it

Personally I'd love to be able to play a portable RDR game.

• Like 1

Â