News story of the day

BOF

Ross McCormack still live in the area?

A giant fatberg thought to weigh about 300 tonnes is clogging a sewer in Birmingham.

The mass of oil, grease and "unflushable" items such as nappies and wet wipes is blocking the system in Hodge Hill.

Severn Trent said the fatberg was likely to be one of the biggest blockages it had dealt with.

The firm said it is estimated to be 1m (3ft) high and 1,000m (1,094yds) long and could take until June to clear.

"It is a massive project and it is not resolved yet," operations manager Scott Burgin said.

"This giant mass is the result of everyone occasionally washing and flushing the wrong things down the drains and not realising the impact that it is having."

Severn Trent said it was alerted to the fatberg by sewer sensors and engineers were working around the clock to tackle it.

The mass is thought to weigh the equivalent of 250 family cars.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-56952152

• Haha 2

I always enjoy when candidates talk about 'we' on their advertising when it couldn't possibly be clearer that this is one singular person's, er, *vision*.

EDIT: Though to be fair, there's two people in the picture. I guess it makes sense then.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

New(d) Party launches in Wales

40-CDBDF5-6-E5-C-4-FF1-9-F5-B-450-A64-BA

Its like lemonparty all over again :puke:

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I always enjoy when candidates talk about 'we' on their advertising when it couldn't possibly be clearer that this is one singular person's, er, *vision*.

EDIT: Though to be fair, there's two people in the picture. I guess it makes sense then.

Not a candidate apparently, they've just pushed these through all the doors in Newport West as if he is a candidate. This obviously makes it funnier and odder at the same time

I mean I know Newport is strange but...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I had to look that up, why would you know that? :ph34r:

It was often used as a trick - an innocuous name like that, you could fool people into opening the link. 

I may or may not have been tricked into opening it in a busy office one day. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It was often used as a trick - an innocuous name like that, you could fool people into opening the link. 

I may or may not have been tricked into opening it in a busy office one day. 

HAha that reminds me of something I once did...

Cut a longish story short, we were teasing this lad in work that he fancied a female co-worker who was in her 50's (and with a face like a bag of spanners if the truth be known) - this came about because of something he said wheich we took totally out of context to wind him up

Anyyway.... from that it developed into calling him MILFHunter and he took it in his stride. One day I said "Chris do you know what a MILF is?"

"No but I'll Google it......"

"CHris.... NO! not on a work PC....." (Too late)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I on e googled lemon party at work, and a thing called arse candle. That wasnt wise. 

You should check 'goatse' out. Just harmless pictures of cute goats :ph34r:

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

I love harmless pictures of cute goats. I will crank up my work laptop and view these pictures of cute goats on a bigger screen. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I love harmless pictures of cute goats. I will crank up my work laptop and view these pictures of cute goats on a bigger screen. 

Is this some sort of magic eye picture?

I’m staring and staring and I can’t make out a goat.

I’ll call my missus in, see if she can make head or tail of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ll call my missus in, see if she can make head or tail of it.

Its definitely more tail than head. 

• Like 1

7 arrested after spiritual leader's mummified body found decorated with Christmas lights

DENVER (AP) - Authorities have arrested several people after the mummified body of the leader of the spiritual group "Love Has Won" was found wrapped in a sleeping bag and decorated with Christmas lights in a southern Colorado home.

Amy Carlson, 45, who was known as "Mother God" by her followers, was found dead in a home in the tiny, rural town of Moffat on Wednesday, April 28, according to arrest affidavits for seven people, who are each charged with abuse of a corpse. [...]

"The mummified remains appeared to be set up in some type of shrine" and "have what appears to be glitter type makeup on around the eyes," according to the affidavits."

eab0c9cc-f7ec-48cc-a811-e5d2656a986d-lar

Clicky

Yep they look and sound completely normal

Â