The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57601591-37/apple-testing-6-inch-iphone-models-new-report-claims'>If this is true, I will get the Iphone 6 and buy myself the Nexus 5. It'd give me the perfect set of phones.

Been awake since 5am, at a music festival all day... I am struggling to remember how to short link.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57601591-37/apple-testing-6-inch-iphone-models-new-report-claims/

Edited by dodgyknees

Well I wouldn't mention it, but as you brought it up, the Motorola Atrix had the specific hardware for it in January 2011, and it didn't catch on. And there's loads of free apps for Android and Blackberry that do it without having a dedicated bit of hardware for it, no idea how well they work, though.

Have Apple claimed to have invented fingerprints yet? ;)

Edited by Davkaus

It's a good strategy for Apple in relation to profit margins. Basically they stop making the iPhone 5 replace it with a plastic version of the same phone which will be cheaper to make yet sell it at the same price.

What this will do is bring a "new" iPhone which will generate interest a cutting of the price of the iPhone 5 wouldn't have. This should increase sales and given it's cheaper to make it'll mean more profit for Apple.

The finger print scanner is nothing major but it's handy addition imo. Especially as the phone replaces the credit card. I think combined with nfc in a few years time it would be very useful.

Apple hate nfc though. Which is slowing the progression of contactless payments.

Anyway iPhones run iOS and have tenny tiny screens and bad battery life. So total non runner for me. But expect these to sell well.

It's a good strategy for Apple in relation to profit margins. Basically they stop making the iPhone 5 replace it with a plastic version of the same phone which will be cheaper to make yet sell it at the same price.

What this will do is bring a "new" iPhone which will generate interest a cutting of the price of the iPhone 5 wouldn't have. This should increase sales and given it's cheaper to make it'll mean more profit for Apple.

The finger print scanner is nothing major but it's handy addition imo. Especially as the phone replaces the credit card. I think combined with nfc in a few years time it would be very useful.

Apple hate nfc though. Which is slowing the progression of contactless payments.

Anyway iPhones run iOS and have tenny tiny screens and bad battery life. So total non runner for me. But expect these to sell well.

People must be stupid to buy the 5c.

If it was £200 cheaper than the 5s then I could understand why.

People must be stupid to buy the 5c.

If it was £200 cheaper than the 5s then I could understand why.

I wouldn't call them stupid. The hardware has plateaued so there isn't much new anyone will get from a new iPhone 5S. But some people may really want a yellow phone. It's the same hardware as the iphone 5 internally and it's priced the same as the iphone 5 would be priced now as the older model.

It's just apple will make more money per device. While people will get to pick a colour.

Â