The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Simple solution, keep a spare battery with you at all times and change if needs be. What's that? You can't change the battery? Whos stupid idea was that!

Never had to change the battery .. owned a 3G, 4, and 5 now. :S Not necessarily a stupid idea. But I guess they do like to keep users locked in unfortunately. Take the bad with the good. ILQ ;)

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-how-much-does-cost-charge-them-118866/

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/10/12/in-under-three-weeks-apples-iphone-5-overtakes-samsungs-galaxy-s-iii-in-mobile-web-traffic/

Never had to change the battery .. owned a 3G, 4, and 5 now. :S Not necessarily a stupid idea. But I guess they do like to keep users locked in unfortunately. Take the bad with the good. ILQ ;)

http://www.androidau...ge-them-118866/

http://thenextweb.co...le-web-traffic/

You haven't really though this through though. The iPhone 5 has a 1440 mAh battery, while the SGS3 has a 2100 mAh battery, thus it holds 32% more power for 23% more charging.

Another Apple argument falls over due to another poorly researched Apple love-in.

• Like 1

I had a battery failure on two phones. My Iphone 4 started getting hot, to the point I had to carry it in a towel.

And then spend £20 getting to the **** mainland to get the thing sorted.

My 3Gs kept switching itself off, about two months after I had it. Fully charge would just die.

I'm very impressed with the battery on my S3 mind, up against my old 4s (now with my partner) and I outlast much longer. We were over at the Needles for the day and hers died after 4 hours of use, mine stayed with me till we got back :) and I was smashing the battery with apps, photography, texts, emails and more.

Why can't we apple owners just have an ILQ apple love in without all the keyboard warriors getting involved with the thread tho? That's my only beef. I literally have no interest in the arguments, the whys and wherefores. I couldn't care less about who has the better phone. I've said it a bunch of times.. i like both phones.haters.keyboardwarriors.

• Like 1

Why can't we apple owners just have an ILQ apple love in without all the keyboard warriors getting involved with the thread tho? That's my only beef. I literally have no interest in the arguments, the whys and wherefores. I couldn't care less about who has the better phone. I've said it a bunch of times.. i like both phones.haters.keyboardwarriors.

Here is a thread like that. This thread is for discussing iphones and that includes criticism, just like all other threads on the board. The Apple only thread was set up as a little reality distortion field where Apple users can live their lives only comparing Apple devices to other Apple devices.

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-how-much-does-cost-charge-them-118866/

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/10/12/in-under-three-weeks-apples-iphone-5-overtakes-samsungs-galaxy-s-iii-in-mobile-web-traffic/

I went to a festival last year, where I took a spare battery with me, therefore I was able to change it halfway through the festival and still use my phone whilst mates with iPhones had to queue up to charge their phone.

Unfortuantely im quite forgetful and There's been many a time when I've ran out of battery and wished I had the spare with me.

I find it hard to believe that you've never been caught short.

I'm allowed to support the Villa as the only team worth supporting. But I buy an apple product and become a heretic. Wow

Also.. Those articles are from android pages. Man y'all put me off android and I have no beef with android at all

I'm allowed to support the Villa as the only team worth supporting. But I buy an apple product and become a heretic. Wow

Also.. Those articles are from android pages. Man y'all put me off android and I have no beef with android at all

Android users are the Rush fans of mobiles... ;)

Android users are the Rush fans of mobiles... ;)

:D Great technical band, saw them at the NEC. Still on the walkman and in the car listened to other bands instead. Primus supported them that night at the NEC. I became a fan.. way more than I was of Rush tho technically superior. Good analogy :)

It's hilarious how fast people are to say you're an idiot sheep or don't know what you're talking about just because you like an Apple product and they don't. It's a sad sad state of affairs.

There's no denying the iPhone 5 battery is an issue here. I went to Reading Festival with my iPhone 4 (I hadn't upgraded to the new iOS) and it lasted from Wednesday morning until Monday without dying, just by turning it off at night, it was on all of the day and I was checking football scores Saturday and Sunday. That's what I loved most about the iPhone, it's battery just kicked the arse off others for my sort of usage. My iPhone 4 has now been stolen and I need to get a new phone. I know I'm going to end up with an iPhone 5 just because it's what I'm used to and work are buying it me, but this new iOS draining the battery is concerning me. Even taking into account the S3 battery being physically bigger, it's still outlasting the 5 by more than the physical size difference! That's surely an iOS thing? I don't think blaming the screen can be a good argument - isn't the S3 screen even bigger?

But please don't suggest I get the S3. My girlfriend has one and I don't like it.

I've also had a Galaxy S2 for the last 3 or 4 weeks and I find it appalling.

Thee S3 uses a different technology in its screen. Super Amoled, which uses less power than LCD. Also Samsung has put in place somepower saving measures which allow the S3 to lower the clock speed of its cpu to conserve power. Also Samsung has a very aaggressive and too dark imo Auto brightness. Plus it's battery is much bigger.

iOS is more power efficient than Android due to the absence of multitasking. WP wipes the floor with both on power saving, but it's a newer OS.

Wednesday morning until Monday without dying, just by turning it off at night, it was on all of the day and I was checking football scores Saturday and Sunday.

Sorry, but no it didn't. Unless you call night 3pm until 1pm.

Sorry, but no it didn't. Unless you call night 3pm until 1pm.

I fit was in his pocket the whole time and literally all he did was check football scores, then I'd say it's possible.

I could scrape 2 days of moderate use out of my iPhone 4 without a charge.

If he was using it a fair amount though, then no I don't think there's any chance it lasted that long.

I fit was in his pocket the whole time and literally all he did was check football scores, then I'd say it's possible.

I could scrape 2 days of moderate use out of my iPhone 4 without a charge.

If he was using it a fair amount though, then no I don't think there's any chance it lasted that long.

Wednesday until Monday is 5 days. Even without the screen on the radios are still working, there are numerous threads waking up to poll stuff etc. I could believe it if it was in airplane mode the whole time.

I didn't use it an awful lot, mainly just had it on in case I needed to find people after going to the bar or for a piss, etc.. but yes it did. I charged it in the car on the journey and it was on it's last few % when we got back to the car on the Monday. It was turned off from 11ish once we were all together already for the headliners, until 9am or so.

Work has ordered my iPhone 5 now anyway, so I'll just get one regardless of my concerns on the battery. Can't be worse than the Galaxy SII I'm using at the moment. My girlfriend has an S3 and it's pretty good, but I really think the S2 is the worst phone I've ever used.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this elsewhere on the internet, but Apple have used the world famous (and classic) Swiss Railways clock design without permission. (link)

AlhcV.jpg

7ZDBYl.jpg

The_Rev sports one of those watches (that's my watch in the picture), so I have to admire Apple's impeccable taste but given they have just made such a song and dance over Samsung copying their designs doesnt this make them look utterly hypocritical?

I presume they will be hearing from Mondaine's The Swiss State Railway's solicitors in the morning, though I guess they can use a bit of that billion dollars to settle the case...

This has been settled now, £13m ($21m or CFr19.5m) is the figure that the Swiss railway have reported. Apple have said nothing, but apparently the number works out at ten cents per iOS6 device which has the clock installed on it. Pocket change from Apple, but I guess its the hypocrisy which makes this newsworthy.

My mate is onto his 4th iPhone 5. Had the same problem with each one (calls dropping out mid conversation)

Claims his mate from back home has had the same problem too.

Apple shop have said it's a faulty antenna each time. Weird

Â