The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I can't get 3G at all. None of us can, we ordered 4 with Vodafone and not once have any of us seen a 3G connection.

Went back to my parents house this weekend and couldn't even load the footy scores.

**** Vodafone / Apple. If we return these phones now I'm very very tempted to just get an S3.

I can't get 3G at all. None of us can, we ordered 4 with Vodafone and not once have any of us seen a 3G connection.

Went back to my parents house this weekend and couldn't even load the footy scores.

**** Vodafone / Apple. If we return these phones now I'm very very tempted to just get an S3.

Vodafone are pretty shit for signal.

You could try ringing them and complaining you've got no signal.

My ex girlfriend got a Vodafone phone and had basically no signal at her house. So she rang them up and complained and they sent her this signal booster box thing. I dunno how it works, but it did work, she ended up with better signal than I had on O2 at the time.

Vodafone are pretty shit for signal.

You could try ringing them and complaining you've got no signal.

My ex girlfriend got a Vodafone phone and had basically no signal at her house. So she rang them up and complained and they sent her this signal booster box thing. I dunno how it works, but it did work, she ended up with better signal than I had on O2 at the time.

Usually this would be a pico cell. Does it connect to her router/wifi?

Right it's upgrade time. I'm currently using an iPhone 4, fairly happy with it, just a bit slow these days. So I looked at iPhone 5, still a great looking phone, but it just seems 'old' like nothing major has changed since iPhone 4 came out. Tempted by an S3, but open to suggestion. I use my phone as an alround piece of kit, work, home and the occasional game.

God, dunno. There's a lot. The screen I guess. The 4 seems outrageously tiny if you go back to one after using an s3 for a bit.

But there's plenty. Google Now, the OS in general, Chrome, camera, widgets, live wallpaper, better youtube app, better music player. I could go on.

I miss nothing. Honestly. I do miss that it doesn't fit into my docking station hifi thingy. But the iPhone 5 wouldn't either so I'd have that problem anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not like the other Android guys who hate apple. I have nothing against them and I loved my iPhones when I had them.

But there's no way I'd go back... for now.

What's great about Android? That's not a provocative statement, I genuinely know nothing about it.

Looking at Samsung S3, Galaxy Note 2 or maybe a HTC. Thoughts?

Please use an appropriate topic or start a new one. This question is off-topic in this thread.

This one is to say how good your android is and how evil Apple is. Not to ask for help :)

Comparisons between iphones and android phones (or others) are fine, a question which is definitively about something else is off-topic.

Difficult to see how you could answer Dubbs question without making some reference to Iphones as that would surely be his reference point - so wouldnt that be a comparison?

The question was "What's so great about Android?", not "What's so good about Android compared to iphones?". Dubbs didn't say that he owned an iphone. I could answer that question easily without reference to iphones. It's not like iphones are a baseline for mobile OS design. I'd probably only mention iphones if I was comparing closed silo lock-in as a marketing strategy rather than phone OSes.

However the question has been answered several times in other topics in this forum, even in the last few weeks. Even if Dubbs didn't want to search, a new topic would be preferable as I'm sure others would find the discussion useful.

Â