The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

:) Very competent device at the time. Bare in mind that I was a big fan of this wich weighed in at about 400g. Simon even ran a mailinglist dedicated to it. 1996 baby!

Nokia-9000.jpg

How can you get away from it? It's a **** up world...

You buy things which use open standards.

Sadly, and it is sadly, that's not remotely true. The same sweathshops and sweatshop conditions in which stuff for the likes of apple are made, also are used by manufacturers who put open source google software on, or Linux.

It's a fair point to say to all of these multi billion businesses, that their, or their sub-contractors treatment of labour is not either ethical, or in accord with their so called branding.

ANd it applies not just in tech, but in so many industries

:) Very competent device at the time. Bare in mind that I was a big fan of this wich weighed in at about 400g. Simon even ran a mailinglist dedicated to it. 1996 baby!

Nokia-9000.jpg

I had a 9000, it's direct successor (9000i?) and the 9210.

(Bear in mind, from the same meaning of bear as to carry a load)

How can you get away from it? It's a **** up world...

You buy things which use open standards.

Sadly, and it is sadly, that's not remotely true. The same sweathshops and sweatshop conditions in which stuff for the likes of apple are made, also are used by manufacturers who put open source google software on, or Linux.

It's a fair point to say to all of these multi billion businesses, that their, or their sub-contractors treatment of labour is not either ethical, or in accord with their so called branding.

ANd it applies not just in tech, but in so many industries

Ah re-reading I think I misinterpreted Kingfisher's post. I thought it was complaining about lock in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â