General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General,

Looking at season ticket prices for 2010 2011 and must say well done on the wing prices for various stands.

I sit in the upper trinity wing A2 £495 for me , not bad but i was thinking of getting my 9 year old lad one , £225 is too much.

I think the club would have been a lot wiser to have had a flat fee for under 12 .

Might have been an idea to offer adult season ticket holders who commit to the cup scheme an under 12 season ticket for £99 ?

cheers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. imavillan: On 4 April I answered a similar question from avillafan.com (see above). My reply to you would be the same I made in that post. It is simply not the right thing for a Director to do...to come on an open web site and talk about our finances, "sell to buy", the summer transfer window, etc. etc. Randy and MON will sit down and evaluate the Club...just as they do several times a year...and will make decisions as a result. They both know the stakes and know the opportunities. My belief is that there is nothing in our recent history that would indicate that either Randy or MON are not deadly serious about our place in the Premiership. Let's trust them.

General Krulak here:

1. imavillan: It is simply not the right thing for a Director to do...to come on an open web site and talk about our finances, "sell to buy", the summer transfer window, etc. etc.

General,

I appreciate your response and most certainly would not expect you to tell me or for that matter the eyes of the watching media etc etc what we are about to do next season.

I just wanted you to know the feelings of myself and many others. Thank you for your time.

When will you next be paying a visit to The Holte Suite as i would like to buy you a beer sir?

General,

I think you and the club need a massive thank you for ensuring that so many more can now get tickets for Saturday and you are getting around the problems people have mentioned. Not that its affected me as I already have my tickets sorted but people really have no excuses if they can't make it- well its not the club's fault anyway! It has showed just how useful this thread is for creating a link between the club and the fans.

Keep up the good work General and UTV

Hello General

Not a complaint, but just some constructive criticism.

I've noticed on a few occasions that the way information can be presented on the website is sometimes quite hard to follow due to the length of the pages and lack of design. Two prime examples are the season ticket page and the semi final page. Sure all the information is there, but just not presented in a way that is easily digestible. I can see the the content administrators are working within the limitations of a content management system so I would have thought it would be worth while employing a website designer or agency to deal with anything over and above adding basic news and matches that the page templates can handle effectively. I'd also point out that the PDF's that can be downloaded from the season ticket page are on oversized A4 paper with the crop marks still in the corners, meaning when the average user prints them out the bottom of the page is cut off. I'd also be nice to be able to purchase a season ticket on the easy payment scheme online, without having to print out paper and fax or post it over.

Like I said, not a complaint, but just my observations of someone buying a season ticket as these things can be often overlooked when you work with them every day. Or then again, as a web designer maybe I'm just being over-critical ;)

On a positive note though, I will say that the girl I spoke with on the phone from the ticket office when I called an hour ago to check for seat availability, although sounded quite new was very helpful and extremely charming.

General Krulak here:

1. Semi-final tickets: As you can see, many of the comments made on this site and others have been forwarded up to the Club and appropriate action taken. For those who sometime wonder whether having a Director on the web sites is important, this is a case in point. We don't just turn a deaf ear to the Fans.

2. AVFCChia: Noted...will pass it on.

3. I noticed in today's paper that the media is at it again with the story of Mike Keenan's departure from the Cleveland Browns...as if it is some sort of indicator of how Randy operates. Simply put, Mike Keenan left as a result of the change in management at the Browns. Mike Holmgren came in as the new "boss" and like most new bosses, he brought in some of his own "team." This is NOT unusual in sports or in business...certainly not in the US. Mike was not fired and he and Randy remain good friends. Mike is a super guy and has already found a job. This was NOT a big deal and has nothing to do with Randy and the Villa. Mike Holmgren is also a super guy and deserves to have his folks by his side helping him...just like MON has his folks by his side. This is not something that is a big deal. It is spring and the media will be talking...last spring, this spring and the spring after next...it is almost a pattern.

3. I sure would like to see us sell out our allocation for Wembley...it would send a powerful signal and certainly help the lads.

General Krulak here:

3. I noticed in today's paper that the media is at it again with the story of Mike Keenan's departure from the Cleveland Browns...as if it is some sort of indicator of how Randy operates. Simply put, Mike Keenan left as a result of the change in management at the Browns. Mike Holmgren came in as the new "boss" and like most new bosses, he brought in some of his own "team." This is NOT unusual in sports or in business...certainly not in the US. Mike was not fired and he and Randy remain good friends. Mike is a super guy and has already found a job. This was NOT a big deal and has nothing to do with Randy and the Villa. Mike Holmgren is also a super guy and deserves to have his folks by his side helping him...just like MON has his folks by his side. This is not something that is a big deal. It is spring and the media will be talking...last spring, this spring and the spring after next...it is almost a pattern.

Don't worry General, if you have a look at this thread:

Here we've all said the same thing.

General, re: point 4 from Sellyoakvilla - this is something that overseas fans would definitely purchase also, I know I would. At times I've considered a season ticket just to support the club and ensure I get some sort of preference for finals etc but it is a big spend for someone that flies in only one or two times a year.

I'd definitely buy a membership though without hesitation.

I agree were can we sign up!

And General be sure to let MON know that we support him all the way.

General,

Glad you brought up the Browns, it has been an exciting off season so far. Are you at liberty to suggest which positions you would like to see drafted or do you follow a similar protocol as with Villa?

Personally I'm thinking Eric Berry is a must if he falls to 7 unless we trade up for Bradford. Hoping for a few pick packages to get another pick in the 2nd round for possibly Colt McCoy and a right tackle or cover corner back. Just my 2 pennies worth, what ever happens Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert will no doubt make the right choices. Bring on 22nd April.

Back to the footy now, on to Wembley.

Hi General,

I would like to make the club aware of a fund raising challenge that I, a Villa season ticket holder, am taking part in.

Next week our team of young farmers will be setting off on a mission to travel from John O'Groats to Land's End on quad bikes in the hope of raising more than £10,000 for Acorns and Diabetes UK.

If the club could help in anyway to promote our cause I would be very grateful.

For any Villatalk posters who are feeling gererous, you can donate to our cause at www.toptobottom.org.uk

Phil

General Krulak here:

1. TUBBY: I think I will steer clear of the Browns....and leave it all up to Mike Holmgren. He is about as good as they come so I will let him proceed without my input. Now if Brady or Manning were in the draft...a different case.

2. Philthevillan: Please contact Lee Preece and see what he can do to help.

General Krulak here:

1. The doctor just gave me clearance to travel!!! Unfortunately he won't let me go this weekend..."too soon" but he promised I could make the Everton game next week. I will be there!! Good to be going home! I will see you all around the Park.

Hi general, I note with interest that the reserves game where we may very well win the title (Fulham) is now going to be played behind closed doors at Bodymoor Heath rather than at Villa Park. Why is that?

General Krulak here:

1. The doctor just gave me clearance to travel!!! Unfortunately he won't let me go this weekend..."too soon" but he promised I could make the Everton game next week. I will be there!! Good to be going home! I will see you all around the Park.

:clap:

Great news, General! You must be relieved to be off the leash again!

Look forward to seeing you around the Upper Holte on Wednesday.

:flag:

General, re: point 4 from Sellyoakvilla - this is something that overseas fans would definitely purchase also, I know I would. At times I've considered a season ticket just to support the club and ensure I get some sort of preference for finals etc but it is a big spend for someone that flies in only one or two times a year.

I'd definitely buy a membership though without hesitation.

I agree were can we sign up!

General,

This is the first time in 40 years that I have not been to Villa Park due to living overseas and work commitments. I could however have made it to Wembley as its over my Easter holiday. Now that I am finally allowed to buy a ticket (two days before the match), I won't be coming due to the small matter of the £350 airfare. This would have been much less had I known I could get a ticket two weeks ago so I would definitely be interested in a membership as mentioned.

Hi general, I note with interest that the reserves game where we may very well win the title (Fulham) is now going to be played behind closed doors at Bodymoor Heath rather than at Villa Park. Why is that?

General, I too am slightly disappointed with this news; my son was very keen and I'd agreed to take him to see the lads lift their league title with a win.

I'm guessing this is being done to protect the pitch before the Everton game 48 hours later?

EDIT: the official site has cleared this up.