General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

5. paulanddonya and others: It was not that long ago that rumors had MON going to the English Team...then it was to ManU...then to Celtic. There have been more MON sightings than there have been Elvis sightings!!! If the Club were to respond to every media comment involving Randy, players, MON or even me (yes, I have stepped in it more than once), we'd be on the radio, telly and newspapers every day. Everyone needs to calm down...Elvis is dead...even if there are papers who claim he has been sighted at a McDonalds.

Reading between the lines, you are saying Martin is actually Elvis, right? ;-)

Please pass on my support to Randy and Martin and also I hope your health problems have improved.

UTV.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies in advance for the General but I think the club should categorically clarify MON's position. I appreciate that neither MON, the Club nor Mr Lerner likes to respond to speculation, if that's what it is, but if the Club does not make a firm statement the rumours will simply multiply. Such is the nature of the British media and the internet.

Agreed.

There needs to be a definitive statement. A statement the press can reprint i.e nothing to do with Elvis, just a straight answer.

Elvis is dead...

Noooo! Say it isn't so!

General, can you or can you not confirm that Elvis in fact lives at Area 51? You know, that place in the desert that doesn't exist where Jacko, JFK and the career of David O'Leary lives...

Apologies in advance for the General but I think the club should categorically clarify MON's position. I appreciate that neither MON, the Club nor Mr Lerner likes to respond to speculation, if that's what it is, but if the Club does not make a firm statement the rumours will simply multiply. Such is the nature of the British media and the internet.

Agreed.

There needs to be a definitive statement. A statement the press can reprint i.e nothing to do with Elvis, just a straight answer.

I think a lot of fans will agree. When something makes BBC breaking news that MON has left, then its Stan Collymore on Talksport and "insiders" at VP apparently saying its not true, I think more so MON than Randy need to come out and say all is good here as it always has been. For the club not to comment on a rumour which is growing and growing all the time will only play right in to the press's pockets.

But at the same time, IF any part of these rumours are true, not releasing a statement will only look more and more likely to fans and the media.

SOMETHING needs to come out from the club. Not just from "insiders", or "sources".

General

Amidst all the doom and gloom - will you be here for the semi final?

Thank you for your rational explanation about the MON rumours. I've been moaning about MON recently but when I thought he was going to leave - did I panic!

Never overreact to big win or a big defeat, everybody knows and you more than most, sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. Although it is a bit worrying when the troops appeared to lay down their arms and surrender in their last battle.

The reason I asked about the semi final is, I think you should do the team talk before the game. I keep telling everybody and nobody believes me - THIS IS OUR YEAR.

8)

General,

I think yourself and the board are handling it right by not responding with a statement. To come out and say something can be seen as stirring the pot for the tabloids. By ignoring it you just dismiss it as the rubbish it is. How many times have we heard the immortal words from a chairman that the "Board has given full backing to their manager." Only for that said manager to be fired within a week!!

Even if MON and Lerner are having heated debates over funding isn't that still a healthy relationship? People can argue and still be friends. Look at the tread here and see all the different opinions. I'm sure it can be the same in any boardroom!

Until there's an official statement from the club saying MON has left the club then i'll be treating it as complete rubbish!

General,

I think yourself and the board are handling it right by not responding with a statement. To come out and say something can be seen as stirring the pot for the tabloids. By ignoring it you just dismiss it as the rubbish it is. How many times have we heard the immortal words from a chairman that the "Board has given full backing to their manager." Only for that said manager to be fired within a week!!

Even if MON and Lerner are having heated debates over funding isn't that still a healthy relationship? People can argue and still be friends. Look at the tread here and see all the different opinions. I'm sure it can be the same in any boardroom!

Until there's an official statement from the club saying MON has left the club then i'll be treating it as complete rubbish!

I agree. Bad communication (if the rumours are true) is better than no communication. I'd be more worried if MON and Randy were not discussing these sorts of things with each other.

General I am sorry but I think the club have err'd by not issuing a statement here and they must be savvy enough to realise that not issuing a definitive response would continue to lead to speculation. If we accept that the club is aware of this then the only plausible answers to why there is not statement are

1. The club want the speculation to continue

2. The club cannot deny or offer a definitive response

It has to be point two in my eyes and that needs clearing up.

General Krulak here:

1. Let me try to make this as clear as I can. Randy and the Board are not going to jump out in the media every time a rumor hits the street...even if the rumor originates from an article in a major paper or on the radio. IF the Club feels that a response is warranted due to certain circumstances, they will make a response. I think we have addressed this issue properly. The club has, in fact, denied it. Having Randy or the Board come up on the air just is not the way we do things. I know that frustrates some fans but everyone has watched us for 4 years and should know by now that we will "keep our powder dry" on this sort of thing. How other Clubs handle such a thing or how Villa use to handle these things is not a driving factor, nor should it be. We need to do things the way we feel is right and proper. We have to be given the latitude to do what we feel is right...for the Club, for the Fans and for the individuals involved. That is only fair.

That's fine. But as fans we must have the right to still think the club have err'd.

General do you not agree that speculation has continued since yesterday?

Do you feel that continued speculation is in the best interests of the club?

General,

I have been a pro MON/Lerner corporation, but i do believe the way this has been handled has not been great. I understand the point your getting to in regards to every rumour but this is not like every rumour, it was on a national radio station that our manager had left, i could understand a newspaper but usually when it's reported in a way like this you fear the worst. For e.g. all the press has denied that MON has left but they have left stories in there that MON is unhappy in regards to spending. It would have been better for the club to come and deny the story and back MON if you believe he is the man to take us forward.

Apologies modatators. I known i'm going off topic and you're going to tell me off. I promise I won't continue this on here after this post but I disagree with the notion that because we're season tickets that it gives us a right to demand things. It's nonsense!!

You/we have a right to an opinion and nothing more. To demand things from the board such as a statement over MON is just silly. Especially when the general has already commented on the subject on this thred. What more do u need a fanfare and town cryer shouting from the top of his voice?

Leave it be. We don't not have the right to tell the board how to run a business. For that right become a shareholder not a season ticket holder. I understand the frustration and I broke out into a mini sweat when I first heard the news. But is MON does leave the club I'm sure an offical press release will be issued pretty damn quick.

With regards to rumours then I'm sure AVFC have more impotant things to deal with than issuing statements everytime something just isn't true.

I think the General has made things pretty clear now. The MON leaving story is already yesterday's news and by the club releasing an official statement now it would only bring that rumour back into the headlines.

General,

I know you've answered questions concerning the future of Martin O'Neill etc, but what about other rumours?

Is James Milner going to be sold when a offer of a sizeable amount comes in? Or will we fight tooth and nail to keep hold of our best players?

There was a five year plan when Randy and MON come in, with 5 years coming up now, will this plan be re-evaluated? And if so will there be a announcement so us fans know where our club is going?

And lastly, are the club in a good position to buy players in the future financially? Or are we tighting the purse strings and having to sell to buy?

Oh and one other thing, is Randy Lerner still happy with things at Villa? He's a quiet man who keeps himself to himself so we can only listen to what we hear in the press?

Come on guy's, give the General a break for god's sake! Villa have a way of doing things and let's just leave them to get on with running the club instead of giving the press something to talk about. If MON goes then he goes. I am sure that Randy would do everything to keep him here if he thought he was STILL the right man for the job. If he couldn't then surely we trust Randy enough to bring in the next RIGHT man for the Villa!

Now for my question to keep in line with the rules General. Are we going to be selling our best players in the summer? ONLY KIDDING General!! :lol::lol:

Seriously, do you think that all of this malarkey regarding MON is because the fans of the "sky 4" in the press are worried about how close we are getting to upsetting their annual success story? I mean, do you think they are showing signs of accepting the fact that Villa are getting closer than ever and are worried that, if not this season, MON will get us there next season for sure?

I am sick of all of the negativity about our team in the press and all of the bad refereeing decisions that we seem to have been getting lately. I seriously think we could have a lot of folks running scared and this is another step in trying to stop the Villa bandwagon rolling on.

I worry about our players maybe getting cherry-picked by the likes of Utd or Chelsea in the summer. I also worry about MOn and whether he can learn from the things we think he does wrong. But, we have a great chairman and he can't be blind to what goes on so let's stick behind Randy and his gang and back them to make sure that everything is rosey for the Villa future. Whatever this season brings, I believe next season will be better.

General,

A quick question.. How is your health young sir? Are the docs still being a preverbial pain in the ass?

PS. If you could check out the mocked up it designs I did in the new sponsor thread, would love your thoughts (for ego boost purposes, nowt more, you understand! haha)