General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding the tickets - just one example of us having the best board in the world how they listen to fans.

Do you have any numbers on the semi tickets remaining? Do you know how many we have sold?

UTV

I would also like to add my sentiments towards a membership scheme.

For me, it would be an excellent opportunity to allow me to get to 'priority' games more often. As a soldier, and I am sure there are many more servicemen (and women) that are Villa fans, we often cannot purchase season tickets, as, at times, we may be posted quickly or sent on emergency tours to Afghanistan. Thus this would become a waste of our season ticket.

The membership scheme would give us the chance to pick games where we KNOW that we would be able to attend and not conflict with any of our duties.

I hope the club looks seriously into the feasibility of this scheme.

One final thing, and I know it is Friday, please, if you speak to Mr Lerner or Mr O'Neill before the FA Cup Semi-Final, pass on our best wishes and wish the team the very best of luck for the Chelsea game, from all Villa supporting soldiers across the globe.

No matter where we are, we will be wearing our colours with pride and cheering on 'our' team.

Sir, thank you and your team for all the hard work this season and the seasons before.

General Krulak here:

1. The doctor just gave me clearance to travel!!! Unfortunately he won't let me go this weekend..."too soon" but he promised I could make the Everton game next week. I will be there!! Good to be going home! I will see you all around the Park.

Congratulations, General. If you can make a trip along the Trinity at some point I'll hope to see you on the concourse there.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with missing the semi final. You can just watch us in the final in May instead ;):mrgreen:

General Krulak here:

1. Reserve game: We are VERY disappointed at the way this came down. Obviously we are concerned about the status of the Pitch so we went to Fulham and the FA to see if we could move the date. The answer was NO. We tried several options with them but were told that we had to play. The only option left was to move it to our grounds at Bodymoor...not a good thing for anyone.

2. Trevor: Nicky Keye has read your comments and others and is looking into it.

3. Randy will be at Wembley and for Everton...we are really pulling for a win at both matches.

General

Regarding tickets and Nicky Keye's team can I just say that all my dealings with the ticket office, both over the phone and online, have been excellent this season. Without referring to hindsight etc, I'm sure lessons have and will continue to be learned regarding certain processes but would ask that the feedback be passed on to all those concerned, well done.

Now lets go kick some ass!!!

General Krulak here:

1. Reserve game: We are VERY disappointed at the way this came down. Obviously we are concerned about the status of the Pitch so we went to Fulham and the FA to see if we could move the date. The answer was NO. We tried several options with them but were told that we had to play. The only option left was to move it to our grounds at Bodymoor...not a good thing for anyone.

Thanks General, had an inkling that may be the case, but was curious what the official line was. Obviously, your backs were to the wall and the priority has to be to keep the pitch in good condition for the first XI so I don't think anyone can criticise that decision, even though they may not like it. I'm gutted for the players as much as the fans, especially some of the younger lads.

Simple solution to the reserve issue, provided they win have a presentation at Villa Park before Wednesdays Everton game or better do it before the Blues game on the 25th packed house will pump the fans up before the match and give the young reserve lads some much needed acknowledgement and encouragement.

General

Can you just pass on our thanks to the club for a great season even though it's not over just yet. We got to the Carling Cup final and the FA Cup semi final, further than a lot of other teams got. We are still in with a shout of fourth as long as we win on Wednesday and it's been great going down to Wembley twice even though we lost.

The support has been great both times and Chelsea could still be sitting there now when we've all left and they still wouldn't outsing us.

Up the Villa, see you at Villa Park

Delighted to see you can travel again General, that's great news.

Yesterday was the first time in my twenty-four years on the planet that I've seen Villa at Wembley, so was a proud day for me. We may have lost but it wasn't deserved, we were completely and utterly robbed.

Anyway, thanks to you and Randy for making it possible. Hopefully we'll be there again next year and get some competent officials for a change.

Hi General,

I'd like to join the posters above in thanking yourself, Randy, MON and all the players & staff for a great season.

We're still contesting for 4th, we've had 2 wembley appearances and we have played some really nice football!

Some people may boo but that's just because they're passionate (I personally have only ever booed, like the people around me, at referee's decisions or opposing players - this may be mistaken by the press and then made into, what they cleverly call, "news").

One sour point that I would like to pass on for you to feedback (if necessary) is that I was on the official travel yesterday (Coach number 51) and there were 9 of us who were all expected to sit in 5 seats around a table at the back of the coach.

It must have been assumed that it was a 52-seater coach (Whereas it was actually a 43-seater with a round table at the end).

We all got moved into seats on other coaches eventually - but it was a bit of a hassle and could, hopefully, be avoided with better planning.

Thanks again!

Hope to see you at VP sometime soon!

UTV!

Guest Ricardomeister

General, I would like to commend the players (and my fellow fans at Wembley) for 100% commitment and effort. It would have been nice if MON had at least tried to vary our tactics which clearly were not working as Cech only had 1 very tame effort to deal with in 90 minutes but such is life.

The bottom line for me is that we have a good hardworking team who just don't quite have the quality to win the really important games and a good manager who is not tactically astute enough to win the really important games.

I would commend everybody on a good season.....anybody who calls this season a great season is very easily pleased in my book. We are in a pretty good position so I don't think we can complain but what we have achieved this season is in no way great imo. We have had a solid league campaign even though the entertainment level of the football played has been very mixed imo. The cup runs have been good but I will not read much into them as we did not have to play a single top 10 team to get to Wembley, even though we were due a few easier draws. I will await the summer with great anticipation to see if we will show the ambition to push on from here.

And, welcome back to Villa Park on Wednesday night, General.

General,

This season i have so far experienced a trip to Wembley for the League Cup final and for the FA Cup semi final....unfortunately both times we have had the bitter taste of defeat.

However all this has done is to strengthen my resolve.....and i want to return there very very quickly and taste the sweet taste of success....

I only hope that this has had the same effect on Randy, MON and everybody else at Aston Villa.....and that we can use this to go from strength to strength.....not that i have given up on the season or finishing 4th yet.

A victory on Wednesday night is vital.....please tell MON and the players to KEEP THE FAITH and go for it....

Hi General

I dont think that I have ever posted on one of your threads before but have been reading throughout your time on here. I would like to say I think its fantastic that you do post on here, its something I've never heard of before and I think it adds some sort of personal touch to the club which is a breath of fresh air in this game!

I feel I should post as Im sure you have become aware of some negativity towards MON and Im also sure you know that its usually just the moaners that post and they are in the minority but regardless felt obliged to tell you that 95% of Villa fans believe he is the right man to take us forward.

All football fans/sport fans become annoyed and I myself have had frustrations with MON (mainly the apparent transfer poilicy in buying mainly players from within the UK) but as someone without my head in the clouds I understand that MON is far more qualified to make such a decision/any footballing decision.

I cant imagine we would be in a better position if we had any other manager and we are heading without doubt in the right direction - I hope that the Board and MON can conitnue taking us forward as it seems that we are on the brink of doing something quite special.

Keep up the good work!