General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is for questions for the General, not discussion or abuse between posters - however much people may not like the questions. Site moderators have views on the wisdom behind some of the questions, but we don't censor them, whatever the temptation might be - if you want to hear directly from the club, then you can't pre-decide whatever questions are "OK" - so please respect the site guidelines at all times. Ta. Blandy

general.

chelsea have recieved an extra 800 tickets for the semi final. i hope we will be recieving the same. can u confirm this please as the fa always seem to favour london clubs and we must stand up to them.

I would like to echo this and ask the same considering they had a bigger allocation than us in the first place...

General it was good to read your post about sticking to your guns reference the club statement as although I would like my mind put at rest I think its spot on from what you have said. The way the club has handled itself over the years since Randy took over has given me faith in the decisions it has made in the past so i will continue to have faith until I am proved different.

I know Man U will come in for Milner and I hope we make a Barry stand on it as what happens here will make the biggest statement ever under Randys ownership.

We are passionate fans and some show it in different ways, some cups are half full, some not but what we all have in common is our love for our club.

Hi general

As a season ticket holder myself this has no effect on me, but has the club ever thought about paid membership schemes?

For example Liverpool have one, it is about £35 a season I think, which benefits those that aren't season ticket holders and allows them to get tickets easier. You could also incorporate the loyalty points system with this considering it has not been used yet and was brought in for cup final use...

Just a thought, but I think it would be an easier solution than a page of information regarding non season ticket holders longer than the A38 which takes people a while to digest.

It would also generate a large amount of cash as I know quite a lot of people who would want to do this. Included in Liverpool's membership you get a magazine (Claret and Blue in our case - actually where are my magazines I haven't had one through the post for ages???) and things like a birthday card and so on.

I think it would be a nice touch by the club as not everyone can afford a season ticket but would still want priority for certain games.

General,

Please tell Martin On behalf of most villa fans he is loved and cherished.

We are where we are because of him and the board .

Long way to go but plenty of time to get there.

Up the villa!

General,

I have to agree with 1968, pleaqse pass on to Martin and his backroom staff as wellas the players that the majority are with them, everyone's entitiled to their opinion but some of us are never happy...time to unite so that we can show Chelsea next week that last weeks game was a one off

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. avillafan.com: You pose several questions that, in one way or another, have been asked over the past couple of days. People want to know about players leaving, about purse strings, about "sell before buy", etc. etc. Let's first look at reality. We are on an open web site. We know the media looks at this site often...and has quoted some of what we have said. It honestly would make very poor business sense to discuss the issues raised...it really would. The best answer I can give is really a simple one....Everyone has seen how Randy and the Board have operated over the past 4 years. You have either liked and appreciated what we have done or not. You have seen our funding...you have seen our trades...you have seen our sales and buys. History is normally a good indication of how we will operate. We are still in a very competitive season and to take our eye of the ball at this point in time and start discussing what will happen in the summer just doesn't make much sense.

2. Gavla80: I speak with Nicky almost EVERY day...and we certainly don't wait until the end of the season to critique our efforts to date and start making course corrections.

3. Tickets to Wembley will be allocated fairly...no special "gifts" to one team or the other.

4. sellyoakvilla: I will discuss this with Nicky and see what she thinks.

General, re: point 4 from Sellyoakvilla - this is something that overseas fans would definitely purchase also, I know I would. At times I've considered a season ticket just to support the club and ensure I get some sort of preference for finals etc but it is a big spend for someone that flies in only one or two times a year.

I'd definitely buy a membership though without hesitation.

General,

Thanks for replying to my question and i think it answers everything in a nutshell. Less of the negativity now and its time to get behind the lads for this Saturday.

Do Villa have anything planned like United did at the final with the believe thing? It looked pretty good.

Hi general

As a season ticket holder myself this has no effect on me, but has the club ever thought about paid membership schemes?

For example Liverpool have one, it is about £35 a season I think, which benefits those that aren't season ticket holders and allows them to get tickets easier. You could also incorporate the loyalty points system with this considering it has not been used yet and was brought in for cup final use...

Just a thought, but I think it would be an easier solution than a page of information regarding non season ticket holders longer than the A38 which takes people a while to digest.

It would also generate a large amount of cash as I know quite a lot of people who would want to do this. Included in Liverpool's membership you get a magazine (Claret and Blue in our case - actually where are my magazines I haven't had one through the post for ages???) and things like a birthday card and so on.

I think it would be a nice touch by the club as not everyone can afford a season ticket but would still want priority for certain games.

Hi General

As a non-season ticket holder I would be very much against this idea if it involves a subscription charge.

It's just an excuse to milk few more pounds out of supporters.

We already get priority for 'big' games because of the booking history system and haven't had a problem getting tickets for any game. The ticket office already do a fine job

Thanks

General,

In advance i apologise for the length of the post.

A lot has been said over the last week about the MON speculation rumour etc etc. I for one happen to think that MON has improved the football club in each season he has been here.

Now for me reading all of the press features and interviews the MON meeting with Randy at the end of the season is PIVITOL to the future direction that this football club wish to take.

Do the club become a selling club and in doing so make the competition stronger and ourselves weaker? Or do the club wish to build around our best players and become stronger?

The last two years of the Premiership are starting to see a gradual shift of power from the so called big four and in my opinion the next two years will see even more of a shift. It is my belief that the top four is about to become the top six or even seven. If we are serious about being part of it then we need to build quality on top of quality.

Manchester United and Chelsea are ageing teams with many players coming to the end of there playing days and they will need replacements to maintain there current standings.

Liverpool are a team in decline and if they do not finish fourth, which i question that thats what they have budgeted for, will continue to struggle.

Manchester City will definately join the top elite by the sheer amount of cash they have.

Tottenham are building and Arsenal will be there as well.

As i have said before you do not make the competition stronger and in doing so yourself weaker. I do not want my team and club to become a feeder club for the so called big four.

Everyone can see that Aston Villa Football Club are almost there. We have yet another chance to make progress and build even further. This is something that Aston Villa Football Club have continually failed to do so in our ''proud history'' whenever we have previously been in this position.

I feel it is imperitive that MON stays and that we keep our best players, or all of the good hard work that has been acheived over the last four years will be undone. Stability breeds success.

I do not expect an answer from this post i just want you to know how i and many other fans i have spoken to feel about it.

I request that in your position and with your relationship with Randy that he is made aware of the fans feelings.

Our ''bright future'' is in touching distance. Please go out and grab it with both hands.

Sir, i thank you for your time in reading this post.

General, why have the club decided to limit the purchase of semi-final tickets from people with a 5 game booking history and below to personal callers only? This is very frustrating because I will be eligible to purchase a ticket tomorrow but wont be able to because I live 200 miles away from Birmingham.

General, I'm in a similar position in that if it goes down to a lower booking history there is no way I will be able to get to the ground to pick up tickets (I live over 100 miles from the ground too!)

Do you know what the club will be doing to ensure these fans can still get tickets?

I hope the club releases any remaining tickets to fans with ANY booking history as it'd be terrible to have empty seats. They can be collected at Wembley surely?

I hope the club releases any remaining tickets to fans with ANY booking history as it'd be terrible to have empty seats. They can be collected at Wembley surely?
Somebody told me in the Chelsea tickets thread that apparently they can. Don't know why the website still says personal callers only though.