The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

18 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Carl Froch in the studio almost outright saying his previous fights were fixed and he’s not convinced this one isn’t as well 🤣

Fair play Carl that’s a bold move when you’ve literally been employed as a pundit for this fight.

He don't care about money, probably only took the pundit job for a free ticket upfront.

Was watching something earlier where he said he would turn 50 million down to fight Jake Paul, as he don't need it he's got plenty of that stuff.

Probably been mentioned before on this thread but (as a casual boxing viewer of 1980's and 90's) I find this sort of bout an insult to the sport. Not just those two but compared to the artists back in the day like Leonard, Holmes, Frasier, Collins, Hagler and Tyson in the early years, many boxers are poor imitations and yes its all about money what with so many draws and rematches that I would never pay to watch a fight now.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone have a list of the fights on the undercard?

Found it

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

Ilunga Makabu vs Badou Jack

Ziyad Almaayouf vs Ronald Martinez

Muhsin Cason bt Taryel Jafarov

Bader Samreen bt Viorel Simion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Found it

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

Ilunga Makabu vs Badou Jack

Ziyad Almaayouf vs Ronald Martinez

Muhsin Cason bt Taryel Jafarov

Bader Samreen bt Viorel Simion

Martinez fight is drawing to a close so just 1 more before the main event

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned before on this thread but (as a casual boxing viewer of 1980's and 90's) I find this sort of bout an insult to the sport. Not just those two but compared to the artists back in the day like Leonard, Holmes, Frasier, Collins, Hagler and Tyson in the early years, many boxers are poor imitations and yes its all about money what with so many draws and rematches that I would never pay to watch a fight now.

The thing I don't get as a casual boxing fan is whether or not the sport actually needs or wants it, not sure if viewing figures are down and this is bringing in new fans or what

• Like 1

I believe this Paul, Fury fight has been called into a winner takes all. I don't believe the loser gets paid for the fight. Also whoever wins, gets to be ranked in the top 40, which I feel is a bit raving for the true boxers out there who put the shift in.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Also whoever wins, gets to be ranked in the top 40, which I feel is a bit raving for the true boxers out there who put the shift in.

id fancy my chances if i were no.41

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So glad Davis and Garcia has been confirmed. I just have a sneaky feeling for Garcia. That left - hook is a thing of beauty. 

Can’t see it, kid is as stiff as a poker, can’t move his head or feet. Campbell put him over. Tank will flatten him i think. Still don’t believe it happens until they in the ring, confirmed or otherwise. 

Â