The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

It’s a farce as an actual boxing fight but you can’t deny there is interest in it, whoever wins it’s hilarious and could end the career of either if it’s a bad loss.

What career? Career as a circus act playing to casuals. 

Neither of these two will ever make it as a top level boxers.

I'll say one thing about Leigh Wood, he never has an easy opponent. I think Lara is more difficult than anyone he's faced. Lara really impressed me against Warrington. I thought he was a class above, so if Wood manages to pull this off, I'll be very impressed indeed.

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a punch, I always got the feeling Lara was still a danger. Great stoppage, another punch from Lara there Wood could have been in serious trouble. 

He was a tad unlucky there,  both landed.  Good stop though,  he was finsihed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He was a tad unlucky there,  both landed.  Good stop though,  he was finsihed.

Definitely. Even though only 9 seconds were remaining in the round. I honestly don't think he would have had time to recover whilst on his stool.

Devastating punch. Why Woods didn't just keep him at distance, I just don't know. Got a bit over - confident, I think. The rematch will be interesting.  

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Definitely. Even though only 9 seconds were remaining in the round. I honestly don't think he would have had time to recover whilst on his stool.

Devastating punch. Why Woods didn't just keep him at distance, I just don't know. Got a bit over - confident, I think. The rematch will be interesting.  

More controlled aggression is the key, he will watch the KO and learn a great deal you would hope 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Styles make fights. Conlan would beat Lara comfortably. He was beating Wood easily and got caught late. I think conlan boxes rings around Lara. 

I don't see that. I don't think Conlan will ever win a World title. I won money on the Wood v Conlan fight, and I would bet on Lara stopping Conlan between 10 and 12. It's all about opinions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon then who's watching it? Fury and Paul, I'm gonna.  Fury looking in great shape, hopefully he smashes Paul, let him now what boxing is really about. 

I won't be watching, but I'm mildly interested in the outcome. I'm hoping that Fury obliterates him and sends him back to fighting to Youtubers. If Jake Paul does win, all it will do is give us some idea as to what his level is right now as an actual boxer. Either way, whoever loses will likely kiss goodbye to their pro boxing career.

Paul already has said his next fight is going to be nate diaz 🤦‍♂️ the offer is one boxing and one ufc fight 

Nates a terrible boxer he is more a submission fighter so that fights a easy paul win. As for the ufc fight paul would get killed very quickly id watch that as it be great to watch.

As for fury fight. Paul wins. Furys a average to shit boxer

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon then who's watching it? Fury and Paul, I'm gonna.  Fury looking in great shape, hopefully he smashes Paul, let him now what boxing is really about. 

I’m watching… but won’t be paying.

I’ve decided I’m routing for Fury. Either losing would be funny but I think Jake Paul will start talking like he’s Muhammad Ali if he wins so we need to avoid that. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m watching… but won’t be paying.

I’ve decided I’m routing for Fury. Either losing would be funny but I think Jake Paul will start talking like he’s Muhammad Ali if he wins so we need to avoid that. 

He's already called out Carl Froch. At 42 I still think he would destroy either of the Paul's. Love to see that, Froch certainly wouldn't hold back, I think he already said he'd fight him for 50m in 2021.

Â