The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Froch would murder paul even at 42. What a laugjable clown paul is making himself look

Tysons said if tommy loses he will make him retire from boxing as its a embarrassment for a fury to lose to paul

Yeah, either way it’s going to be a fun ending. The disgust on Tyson and John Fury’s faces if he loses will be a sight to see.

The sensible result must be a Fury win, but whenever I’ve seen Tommy fight he’s been very unconvincing and I am not sure how he’ll cope with all the fanfare of this fight. Jake Paul will revel in it.

If it goes longer than 2 or 3 rounds I’d assume Fury will take it. JP will need an early KO.

I find it utterly depressing that this fight is even being talked about, not saying that you lot are wrong for discussing it but I just think it shows the current state of boxing and why so many people are losing interest.

Yeah the Paul dude will bring in fans for this one specific fight but how many of those people will then tune in to watch a low level domestic card being broadcast from York Hall on a Wednesday evening with far superior fighters getting paid 100th that these pair are?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Supposedly a “fight script” has been leaked. No surprise that it’s rigged. 

the leaked "fight script" looks like it was written by a 12 year old, and its way to specific round by round, including injury types to be remotely plausible, i could be wrong, but it looks faked, if there is such a thing.

Not that i care tho tbh, the fact this match is even a "big" thing, shows the levels boxing has fallen to tbh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the leaked "fight script" looks like it was written by a 12 year old, and its way to specific round by round, including injury types to be remotely plausible, i could be wrong, but it looks faked, if there is such a thing.

Not that i care tho tbh, the fact this match is even a "big" thing, shows the levels boxing has fallen to tbh.

Jake Paul then 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

"fight script" 

Even in a boxing film where the fight and "Script" has been written for ages still goes wrong.

In Rocky 1,  I think in approx. Round 7 or 8,  at the end of the round Carl Weathers and Sylvester Stallone get properly unhappy with each other,  they weren't acting at this point as they both landed big just before the bell,  totally outside the script.

They kept it in the film but it's impossible to do. 

Someone can move forward into a shot accidently,  if they get knocked out the script, even if they are supposed to win means absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Even in a boxing film where the fight and "Script" has been written for ages still goes wrong.

In Rocky 1,  I think in approx. Round 7 or 8,  at the end of the round Carl Weathers and Sylvester Stallone get properly unhappy with each other,  they weren't acting at this point as they both landed big just before the bell,  totally outside the script.

Someone can move forward into a shot accidently,  if they get knocked out the script, even if they are supposed to win means absolutely nothing.

Exactly, also lundgren was never meant to kill Weathers but as it happened they kept it in the film and made it into a revenge movie 

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They script fights all the time in wrestling. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is exactly the same 

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They script fights all the time in wrestling. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is exactly the same 

I would like nothing more for the lights to go out halfway through, then a massive Dong…………..🥳🥳

with the undertaker, appearing and choke, slamming the **** out of both of them

• Haha 3

Carl Froch in the studio almost outright saying his previous fights were fixed and he’s not convinced this one isn’t as well 🤣

Fair play Carl that’s a bold move when you’ve literally been employed as a pundit for this fight.

Â