The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Golovkin won that fight, he bossed it, winning 8-9 rounds IMO, Canelo was running, Adalaide Byrd has always been a disgrace, that was a paid for scorecard, point blank. Same thing with Mayweather-Canelo fight, CJ Ross somehow gave it 114-114. 

Golovkin for what it's worth needs to invest to the body more, Canelo did his predictable gassing from 7-9 before his second wind, had Golovkin gone to the body more he would have had more opportunities up top, GGG just head hunted too much.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Golovkin won that fight, he bossed it, winning 8-9 rounds IMO, Canelo was running, Adalaide Byrd has always been a disgrace, that was a paid for scorecard, point blank. Same thing with Mayweather-Canelo fight, CJ Ross somehow gave it 114-114. 

Golovkin for what it's worth needs to invest to the body more, Canelo did his predictable gassing from 7-9 before his second wind, had Golovkin gone to the body more he would have had more opportunities up top, GGG just head hunted too much.

I saw the scorecards. Canelo had a late flourish won 12, 11 was pretty even but by then she'd only given GGG 2 rounds. Astonishing

Edited by Kiwivillan

118-110 was as bent as a nine bob note. I had GGG by four, winning rounds 3-10 while Canelo took the first two and the last two. I could see why someone might give Canelo a couple of rounds in the middle but 118-110? If Oscar is going to pay the judges then at least be subtle about it. 

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

118-110 was as bent as a nine bob note. I had GGG by four, winning rounds 3-10 while Canelo took the first two and the last two. I could see why someone might give Canelo a couple of rounds in the middle but 118-110? If Oscar is going to pay the judges then at least be subtle about it. 

Pretty much how I saw it, Golovkin screwed up by not prioritising Canelo's body in the fist half of the fight, too much damn head hunting.

Dela Hoya though, quickly becoming the next Don King, absolute piece of shit. For those of you pissed off about it, here's Oscar donning fishnets after doing a shit tonne of coke.

Image result for dela hoya fishnet

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

This is the fourth time Canelo has had very beneficial scoring. He some how got a 114-114 card against Mayweather, in the Trout fight, a fight that was very close and you could have made a case for a draw or even a Trout win he got a very wide score from one of the judges (118-109). He lost to Lara IMO and got a 117-111 score from one of the judges. 

Quite clear to me that there's corrupt involved whenever Canelo fights, there's almost always one judge giving a very improbable score, has happened too often to be a coincidence. 

I'm far from being a big boxing fan but just from browsing this thread over the years, it seems ridiculous decisions like this are fairly commonplace?

Â