The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Free tickets to BJS & Willie Monroe next week :)

Third lot of tickets i have had for free this year from boxnation competitions :D

I do'nt generally enter competions & things but have done 4 on boxnation and won 3 times now. Also had another pair 18 months ago for BJS/Andy Lee.

Guessing they can't have too many peope entering ifit is possible to randomly win so often

Edited by LakotaDakota

Roman Gonzalez knocked out fairly brutally in round 4 by Rungvisai in another entertaining fight. Gonzalez has lost some of his reflexes to be fair, but never looked convincing at super flyweight to me, he's just too small for the weight. Rungvisasi is a bit of a physical animal in comparison, faster, stronger and more powerful. Inoue deliver on the undercard in his US debut, a fight between him and Rungvisai will be highly entertaining and I expect Inoue to get the job done. Inoue is going to be right up there in the pound for pound rankings over the next 2-3 years. 

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Andy Lee isn't the worse boxer , tbh , when BJS  is up for it , he can be very good and very difficult to beat , if he lacks anything , it's power .

Monroe is definitely the toughest opponent he has faced i guess but like BJS he isn't exactly known for punching power with 75%+ of his fights going the distance. Saunders need to do something to stand out in order to stand a chance of fighting Canelo/GGG

Actually looking forward to seeing Dubois & Yarde up close, Good to see some more brish heavyweighs/light heavyweights coming through

When BJS sits down on his shots he has some OK power, he did have Lee down 2-3 times in their fight, it's just that he often opts to box and move so he's not really planting his feet on a lot of his shots. Monroe is half decent, we all saw what GGG did to him, you'd expect BJS to win on points, styles of course make fights and Monroe does have an awkward style, he likes to hover on the outside and draw leads from his opponent and counter with fast shots. He's a southpaw but right handed, his best punch clearly his jab which is long and has good pop. If he forces BJS to be on the front foot, which is likely, BJS might be a little uncomfortable when it comes to cutting the ring off. 

6 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well here's something you don't see every day...

https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/908785184287416325

Stupid kid totally uncalled for. Credit to monroe for not reacting. If he connected in his private area that could have got very very heated as it looked like one of monroes team aimed to push/slap kid away.

what the hell were Saunders team doing allowing this to happen. Pure stupidity 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

what the hell were Saunders team doing allowing this to happen. Pure stupidity 

Allowing? He's condoning it. What a **** plum. That kid is on the fasttrack to a cell gangrape.

34 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Allowing? He's condoning it. What a **** plum. That kid is on the fasttrack to a cell gangrape.

Yeah i saw when someone from billie joes team were saying they didnt know who kid was and then he said "fighters should keeo them selves at all time"

Saunders is a pathetic dad putting his son through all this media coverage. I hope monroe destroys him.

Great fight.I

hate the about of "robberies" that have been called recently but that 118-110 scorecard is just ridiculous. 

BJS fight was seriously boring.

And Callum Smith looks like he'll struggle against better opposition. Had it much closer myself.

Â