The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks like Haye Bellew 2 is set for Sunday december 17th at the o2 in london if Haye can stop any more bits of his body breaking before then.

Doubt either of them really care about the fight/result, Just another million in the bank in time for christmas

Bellew wasting his time if he is serious about heavyweight boxing. He should havw had a fight with ward next. Forget haye he is finished. 

Once haye loses again he will probably go for someone like dylan whyte before hanging up his gloves

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks like Haye Bellew 2 is set for Sunday december 17th at the o2 in london if Haye can stop any more bits of his body breaking before then.

Doubt either of them really care about the fight/result, Just another million in the bank in time for christmas

Agree. This is the "biggest" fight that either of them can expect. With the rise of people like AJ in the heavyweight division it makes an absolute mockery over the fuss drawn up about these pair. Saying that, I was one of those who bought the fight to watch :ph34r: Haye will have to respect Bellew more this time but if he avoids an injury I'd expect him to be able to get past him for the win. Cue the SkySports w*nkfest, social media bashing and ridiculous press conferences. Cant stand Bellew, can't stand Hearn and i think Haye can eb quite entertaining. Last big payday for both.

Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury for the WBO(?) Heavyweight belt is an interesting one this weekend. Whilst Parker has fought the vastly superior opponents, Hughie has a really good skill set- quick hands, good punch variety and excellent feet. He is a better than Tyson in terms of technical skills and has a better right hand, he can throw it a lot straighter than Tyson. 

He doesn't have a great deal of power mind, Parker is the more powerful and explosive of the two but Parker likes to fight up close in the pocket and let explosive combinations go, Hughie will box and move and keep it at range, Parker often negates his own range so I can see Hughie having the style to win the fight. The problem with backing Hughie is that he has so many unanswered questions such as whether he can take a good shot...

There's also Jorge Linares vs Luke Campbell, a fight I expect Linares to win. So overall a decent weekend coming up.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury for the WBO(?) Heavyweight belt is an interesting one this weekend. Whilst Parker has fought the vastly superior opponents, Hughie has a really good skill set- quick hands, good punch variety and excellent feet. He is a better than Tyson in terms of technical skills and has a better right hand, he can throw it a lot straighter than Tyson. 

He doesn't have a great deal of power mind, Parker is the more powerful and explosive of the two but Parker likes to fight up close in the pocket and let explosive combinations go, Hughie will box and move and keep it at range, Parker often negates his own range so I can see Hughie having the style to win the fight. The problem with backing Hughie is that he has so many unanswered questions such as whether he can take a good shot...

There's also Jorge Linares vs Luke Campbell, a fight I expect Linares to win. So overall a decent weekend coming up.

If you don't mind paying £10 to watch the heavyweights that is.

Linares must absolutely love Matchroom, he beats their fighters and they make him out to be P4P #1 to try and save face

4 hours ago, coda said:

I can't see people believing the animosity between Haye and Bellew this time.

Winner should fight Rio Ferdinand.

My money's on Rio.

On 9/19/2017 at 17:18, leemond2008 said:

If you don't mind paying £10 to watch the heavyweights that is.

Linares must absolutely love Matchroom, he beats their fighters and they make him out to be P4P #1 to try and save face

LOL this is true. Linares is a very classy boxer but no where near a pound for pound top 10 list, also has a terrible chin. Campbell might actually have a good shot of winning, he is naturally much bigger than Linares.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

LOL this is true. Linares is a very classy boxer but no where near a pound for pound top 10 list, also has a terrible chin. Campbell might actually have a good shot of winning, he is naturally much bigger than Linares.

I think Campbell has been dangerously underestimated for this fight . I don't think Crolla was all that , as was proved in the 2nd fight with Linares .

A Campbell win will ,in no way , be such a shock as when Honeyghan beat Curry .

This interview with Eddie Hearn is highly recommended, I have to admit to slagging him off quite a lot in the past but this is great interview and very honest on his part to be fair.

He discusses his upbringing, current fights such as the Mayweather v McGregor fight, a bit on Joshua and even a very honest discussion on PPV, hes gone up in my estimation to be fair although the bar was pretty low.

14 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

This interview with Eddie Hearn is highly recommended, I have to admit to slagging him off quite a lot in the past but this is great interview and very honest on his part to be fair.

He discusses his upbringing, current fights such as the Mayweather v McGregor fight, a bit on Joshua and even a very honest discussion on PPV, hes gone up in my estimation to be fair although the bar was pretty low.

If you watch the IFL TV channel on YouTube there are a number of videos with Eddie Hearn. Like him or loathe him, this guy is a very good businessman. 

Â