The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I know that's what you meant about the body shots mate. Canelo was always going to be a cash cow for someone! Turning pro that young with that amount of promise...he was always going to have a Don King type in his ear.

Tell you what I would have loved to have seen....Canelo v Hatton!!! 

1 minute ago, wiggyrichard said:

I know that's what you meant about the body shots mate. Canelo was always going to be a cash cow for someone! Turning pro that young with that amount of promise...he was always going to have a Don King type in his ear.

Tell you what I would have loved to have seen....Canelo v Hatton!!! 

In his absolute prime, Hatton all day long for me, Hatton was actually pretty unnderated as a boxer

Yes Hatton was mate, I agree. Not calling a winner as I loved Hatton...but feck me that would have been pure aggression...would have been an amazing fight!!! Or Hatton v GGG (toe-to-toe in the centre of the ring and knock feck out of each other!!)

8 hours ago, wiggyrichard said:

Yes Hatton was mate, I agree. Not calling a winner as I loved Hatton...but feck me that would have been pure aggression...would have been an amazing fight!!! Or Hatton v GGG (toe-to-toe in the centre of the ring and knock feck out of each other!!)

I'd had a drink last night so was chatting shit, Hatton was a welterweight, canelo is twice the size of him (not now obviously) 

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

In his absolute prime, Hatton all day long for me, Hatton was actually pretty unnderated as a boxer

Are you serious? Canelo would have absolutely murdered Hatton. Canelo is just too damn big for him. Hatton couldn't even compete at Welterweight, he had two fights there, Mayweather and Luis Collazo. Collazo was arguably robbed and had Hatton badly hurt in the 12th. Hatton operated best at 140lbs, so like I say, too small to survive a fight with Canelo.

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Hatton was allowed to fight the way he fights and that shit ref didnt help mayweather i think he could have won that fight

Don't think so. Although Hatton's footspeed had Mayweather troubled early, Mayweather would have found answers for Hatton's hit and hold style had he been able to do it more. Hatton really wasn't that good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Are you serious? Canelo would have absolutely murdered Hatton. Canelo is just too damn big for him. Hatton couldn't even compete at Welterweight, he had two fights there, Mayweather and Luis Collazo. Collazo was arguably robbed and had Hatton badly hurt in the 12th. Hatton operated best at 140lbs, so like I say, too small to survive a fight with Canelo.

See my post directly above yours in which I explain that I'd had a drink and was chatting shit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was probably the worst I've seen Broner look, the man hasn't attempted to throw a combo in years, everything is ones or twos.

He marketed himself as the bad guy a little too well and he certainly won't be missed, I can't see him having too many more big fights and will become a gatekeeper.

Garcia is really good though, people have been talking about him fighting Crawford, I'd like to see that one, Crawford is probably my favourite fighter at the minute so I'd tip him to win it but it'd be a good fight for the boxing fan.

I met Hatton once when he was out of training after the Pacquiao fight in an airport, was surprised how small he was in stature. For a split second I looked at him and thought "I could take him".

:crylaugh:

He was a lovey guy.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No surprise at the outcome, Broner is shit whilst Garcia is a very well schooled boxer, someone who mastered boxing 101.

Agree completely. Broner was completely outclassed. Garcia I hope will fight winner of triple g and canelo

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree completely. Broner was completely outclassed. Garcia I hope will fight winner of triple g and canelo

LOL what? Garcia is at 140lbs, Golovkin is a middleweight at 160lbs, you want Garcia to go up three weight divisions?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

LOL what? Garcia is at 140lbs, Golovkin is a middleweight at 160lbs, you want Garcia to go up three weight divisions?

I thought they said the winner would face the winner there on commentary? I was thinking he looked a lil small to challenge one of them 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought they said the winner would face the winner there on commentary? I was thinking he looked a lil small to challenge one of them 

I don't really listen to Sky commentary as it is unbelievably shite, fairly sure that even they wouldn't be stupid enough to say that. Garcia vs Golovkin is 100% definitely not on the radar at all whatsoever.

Most of the post fight 'who's next' stuff has centred around the likes of Lomachenko, Crawford or a run at 147lbs.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

McGregor Mayweather confirmed price of £19.95 in UK on Sky box office. Would imagine they may have tried more if it wasn't Vegas time. Hard to sell things for a premium at 5am

Absolute brilliant match up, worth every penny, hell I'd pay the £100 That Floyd wanted to charge, I'm even considering flying out to Vegas to watch it, fight of the century...its that or I'll keep my money in my pocket and watch the circus act on YouTube the following morning.

and that will only be if there are no reruns of the bill or fools and horses on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Absolute brilliant match up, worth every penny, hell I'd pay the £100 That Floyd wanted to charge, I'm even considering flying out to Vegas to watch it, fight of the century...its that or I'll keep my money in my pocket and watch the circus act on YouTube the following morning.

and that will only be if there are no reruns of the bill or fools and horses on.

people will pay it though which for me is silly as much as i like mcgregor he wont win this match. its a mismatch. i was watching him against canelo and canelo could get nowhere near him. if canelo cant mcgregor has no chance. 

Â