The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Yildirim was made to order. Undefeated records are largely meaningless these days. I think Groves could have a field day countering Eubank with straight right hands, Eubank is easy to nail with that shot but he will have to start fast, Groves can be overwhelmed by an aggressive, high volume opponent and Eubank has that style. 

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's a spitefulness to Eubank Jr , when he gets in that ring . Everything he throws , has nothing but bad intentions. He has an aura about him ,where you just anticipate excitment. He's one of the few fighters I'd happily pay to watch. 

The Groves fight is the first fight that he will have been in (providing that Groves gets past Cox as he should do) that would be anywhere near PPV worthy and in all fairness Groves isn't exactly PPV material and based on Jr's previous standard of opponent he is nowhere near PPV worthy either.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Anthony Joshua, he's an English World Champion, he's quite well known but he's light years away from Deontay Wilder.

Only because america is a bigger country than the uk perhaps. But even still i would say more people know who klitsiko is than wilder. So joshua will be much more known now since he beat him.

Wilders beaten bums yet how is he "light years away" from wilder? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Only because america is a bigger country than the uk perhaps. But even still i would say more people know who klitsiko is than wilder. So joshua will be much more known now since he beat him.

Wilders beaten bums yet how is he "light years away" from wilder? 

Sarcasm my dear Demitri, obviously it didn't translate very well into my post.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

The Groves fight is the first fight that he will have been in (providing that Groves gets past Cox as he should do) that would be anywhere near PPV worthy and in all fairness Groves isn't exactly PPV material and based on Jr's previous standard of opponent he is nowhere near PPV worthy either.

Like I said : I would happily pay to watch him . He excites me as a fighter , more than a lot of so called " PPV worthy fighters (whatever that means) do . 

It's a choice thing .

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

FFS the shitty england brass band arseholes are at the groves fight. They should be banned from every single public place/event. Now watching with tv on mute

Fantastic fight so far

Enjoyable fight & a tremendous finish from Groves. 

The visuals for this tournament in terms of ring lighting etc are top notch so I hope they find a nice venue for the Groves Eubank Jnr semi. That will be very tasty. 

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That Costello fella comes across as a right prick . Cox is a very dirty fighter ,and tonight , got his just dessert  . 

Eubank to ko Groves in a thriller. 

Groves experience against the rawness of Eurbank should hopefully make for a good show.

I enjoy watching boxing but I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on styles and tactics. Who does everyone make favorite for Groves v Eubank?

From what I've seen i think Groves is slightly more likable than Eubank (though admittedly some of that may be due to my dislike of Eubank Snr) so I'm kind of hoping he wins.

Â