Emile Heskey - MON's worst signing?

avfc89

Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?

• Yes
    • No

Heskey has never fit in with our style of play..When we have pacey players breaking down the wings then sliding a quick ball into the box..We kinda need players that can break quickly and offer support.

I think MON bought him to add aanother dimension to our play but its never paid off.

Yes - I lost confidence in MON when he signed Heskey. I lost even more confidence when he was selected each week - despite his non scoring record.

Cuellar pushes him close - mainly due to the riddiclous fee - almost £9m was it - on a player who is perhaps worth 2 or 3m ?

Cuellar pushed him close yet no mention of Davies?

Cuellar is a very good defender, paid £7.8 million for him, I'd say if he played regularly at CB, he'd be worth that, possibly more.

He ain't the worse, but only becuase there is a lot of shite in there with some good 'uns.

In no order - Heskey; Routledge; Salifou; Agathe; Sutton.

There was also some that looked OK but didn't work - Shorey, Carson, Sidwell, Maloney.

However, in terms of money and benefit - he is just shit.

sutton was a very good player for us in the short time he come. he scored an important goal for us in a 1-0 win over everton. he was one of the best back to goal strikers I've seen. up there with mark hughes. its just a shame we had him at the tail end of his career.

agathe was hopeless. Curtis Davies I never rated it was Laursen making him look good. Cuellar for 8 mil was a rip off he's utter arse gravey.

Was Stylian Petrov a good signing for 6.5m? He had an awful start,a great middle and he is now averaging out towards the end...Maybe 1-2 good seasons out of the signing in general but with no return(unless we sell him in Jan but V.Unlikely)...Was he good value on the whole? And is he one of the top earners with 2yrs to run on his contract?

Was Stylian Petrov a good signing for 6.5m? He had an awful start,a great middle and he is now averaging out towards the end...Maybe 1-2 good seasons out of the signing in general but with no return(unless we sell him in Jan but V.Unlikely)...Was he good value on the whole? And is he one of the top earners with 2yrs to run on his contract?

For £6.5 million he was a bargin and id argue one of MONs best signings.

Has to be Salifou, 3 years and not one premier league start.

I cannot believe he has another year, pointless!

I could not believe my eyes the other day when some people said in another thread he could still come good.

I voted no as i think Sidwell has been O'Neill's worst signing. It was a close run thing though between Shorey, Routledge, Salifou, Davies, Knight, Sidwell and Heskey!

Sidwell contributes nothing when he plays, while at least Heskey tries to do the, Cough, donkey work up front for the team.

I think he would have been better in a team like Arsenal. I dont think he contributed to our style of play much at all.

There has been many times the break was on with both Young and Gabby making the runs,yet he chose the wrong pass to a defender or full back..He was good with Barry because Barry had a better forward thinking brain but I dont think Petrov offers much with our pacey style of play..

I would rather see Reo as the DM(winning the ball) with Ireland as the creator..

Heskey MON's worse signing? Hmmmm, let me think....

Harewood: Runs Djemba Djemba close for being one of the worst footballers I've seen at VP.

Downing: A powder-puff pussy. Good at mincing about near the touchline. Useless at everything else.

Sidwell: Quality at pointing and doing **** all. His biggest contribution has been as a ball boy.

NRC: I'm a fan of his, but he has his limitations and was way over priced at 8.5M.

Davies: A clown in football boots. Criticised himself for playing like a pub player, but I wouldn't even pick the useless twunt for the Dog and Duck on a Sunday.

Heskey: Shit personified. I know he's shit, you know he's shit, most of other fans know he's shit. MON didn't think he was shit, so signed him, and what do you know...he's been shit.

Salifou: What the ****? He probably wouldn't admit it, but somebody, somewhere stitched MON up with this player. Our version of Ali Dia.

Maloney: Good feet, but couldn't cut it in the PL. Cried off back to Scotland because he missed his Mummy.

Agathe: Found his level in Scotland. Should have stayed there...but couldn't because Strachan noticed he was woeful and turfed him out. MON then decided he was good enough for the PL so gave him a contract. Strachan is probably still laughing. Dire. Dire. Dire.

Routledge: Another prime example of MON spaffing money up the wall on transfer fees and wages on a player who barely got close to the first team.

Shorey: Went backward under MON - from a player who broke into the national team, to then being dumped out of our first eleven and replaced by a defender who usually plays at RB.

Guzan: Great penalty stopper; it's just a shame he flaps at crosses, can't command his area and seems too error prone to be a top-flight keeper.

Who have I missed?

Â