Emile Heskey - MON's worst signing?

avfc89

Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?

• Yes
    • No

but I am under no illusions if i think all that is wrong with Aston Villa is Heskey.

May I ask what is wrong with Aston Villa? Or is that another topic?

its too late, and anyway if you watch the games and don't know I'd find another hobby.

Fair enough Chindie, I do still believe he has lost that hunger, you can see it when you watch clips of Liverpool or Leicester back in the day. He always had a smile on his face, he looked more aggressive and had that hunger for all to see. I can understand why MON signed him, but looking back it was a huge mistake for him and us. But on to a different question, Why does MON persist on starting him? MON has seen his performances so far and he hasn't lived up to expectations. I just don't understand it, sorry.

but I am under no illusions if i think all that is wrong with Aston Villa is Heskey.

its too late, and anyway if you watch the games and don't know I'd find another hobby.

I do watch the games and can see flaws in our side, yes, but what you said seemed all the more mysterious as if there is something fundamentally deeper that we can't see that you do, I was hoping you might furnish that. Unless it is just the tuff on the pitch in which case even then it's not as simple as saying you can see whats wrong on the pitch, else we wouldn't have half the debates we do on here.

I actually thought Heskey was a good signing at the time and listening to Owen etc ( just goes to show, watch the game don't listen to others) thought Martin made a good signing.

It works for England with all the class around him but for us No.

It shouldn't take as long as it does to realise our mistake and keep persisting with something that is most unlikely to come good.

I will not castigate the Manager for making a mistake, they all do it and so would we.

what he will get criticised for is not realising it and dealing with it.

Probably best to find another hobby if you can never take any enjoyment from it. Even when we win you focus on things you think should have been done differently and tell us it's just papering over cracks. I pity you, if i spent the money i did following villa home and away and could never find enjoyment from it i'd be gutted.

Ive got to be honest and say that since he joined villa i take no joy from watching us, he is the reason i wont renew next season. Whilst players like him are at the Villa we wont win anything, thats how martin operates.

I want to ask you a question. are you happy with 6th???

Probably best to find another hobby if you can never take any enjoyment from it. Even when we win you focus on things you think should have been done differently and tell us it's just papering over cracks. I pity you, if i spent the money i did following villa home and away and could never find enjoyment from it i'd be gutted.

hope....thats what keeps me going.

blind faith....never.

Yes.

I think some people are very greedy or don't know the game of football well. We were 16th when he took over! If we were told that in 3 years we would have top top 6 finishes I'm sure everybody would have taken it.

People will use the excuse that MON has spent alot. But has he really even spent close to enough to break the top 4? You have to imagine, the current top 4 (Though I do understand Arsenal are different in this regard, they aren't big spenders) have spent alot of money to get there and even more to stay there. We have to build a decent squad first and then spend to try and compete. I bet since the arrival of MON, we aren't in the top 4 spenders in this league, nor were we a top 4 team when he took over, so I don't think it's fair to ask for top 4. 5th or 6th is neither here nor there for me, it doesn't make a difference, either finish is good for our club.

I think people fail to see that other teams in this league are also trying to improve. Teams like Spurs and Man City spend alot, more than us, so I don't think we can just expect to finish above them every year. If we finish on 60 points and finish 6th, then finish on 68 points but finish 8th, then I personally don't see it as failure, because the lower finishing isn't really in our hands, we can't really help how good other teams are, that's just the luck of it.

blind faith....never.

:lol: you're not in jail, you're supporting a football team.

blind faith....never.

:lol: you're not in jail, you're supporting a football team.

goodnight John

Ive got to be honest and say that since he joined villa i take no joy from watching us, he is the reason i wont renew next season. Whilst players like him are at the Villa we wont win anything, thats how martin operates.

I dnt mind finishing 6th if the football is exciting and we give each game our best shot but thats for a different topic

I dnt mind finishing 6th if the football is exciting and we give each game our best shot but thats for a different topic

Same here...

no. He is a good squad player, and with the right supply (someone like gabby, so heskey can hold the ball up/flick it on) he is a good player. Not good enough for 1st team spot every week, but ok to sit on the bench then come on when needed. I would like him to stay.

For the record i think Shorey is his worst signing, he may of been the best at the time - but hes crap. Beye/Warnock are a lot better, and so is L.Young for that matter.

no. He is a good squad player, and with the right supply (someone like gabby, so heskey can hold the ball up/flick it on) he is a good player. Not good enough for 1st team spot every week, but ok to sit on the bench then come on when needed. I would like him to stay.

For the record i think Shorey is his worst signing, he may of been the best at the time - but hes crap. Beye/Warnock are a lot better, and so is L.Young for that matter.

For Emile Heskey to be considered a bargain, Wigan would have to have paid us 3m to take him off their hands!

Â