Emile Heskey - MON's worst signing?

avfc89

Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Is Heskey MON's worst signing todate?

• Yes
    • No

Heskey: Shit personified. I know he's shit, you know he's shit, most of other fans know he's shit. MON didn't think he was shit, so signed him, and what do you know...he's been shit.

Capello doesn't think he's shit...

Kevin MacDonald doesn't think he's shit...

Our new manager, to be announced tomorrow according to "Sky sources", doesn't think he's shit...

Ashley Young

John Carew

Richard Dunne

Carlos Cuellar

Stiliyan Petrov

James Milner

James Collins

Stephen Warnock

Brad Friedel

Luke Young

To name but a few off the top off my head...

But this is a thread about shit signings!? :?

You wanted to know which ones you'd missed. These are the ones, who got us 3 top 6 finishes in a row. I thought your approach was - if MON signed them, they must by definition be "shit".

Heskey: Shit personified. I know he's shit, you know he's shit, most of other fans know he's shit. MON didn't think he was shit, so signed him, and what do you know...he's been shit.

Our new manager, to be announced tomorrow according to "Sky sources", doesn't think he's shit...

So what? I couldn't give a phuck what he does in an England shirt. Whilst wearing the colours of my club, he's been, on the whole, pretty damn shit.

not the worst by any means imo - sidwell has to be the worst; does absolutely **** all whenever hes on the pitch, we pay him 40k a week and paid Chelsea 5mill for him. total disaster.

i think heskeys been decent for us in all fairness.

Pretty much every single manager, even the very best, has a number of shoddy signings. MON has his share, but no more than any one else. He just gets a lot of shit on here because most of his signings were so unimaginative.

I would agree with the people above who say Sidwell was the worst MON buy. Heskey maybe second.

It's 3.5 million pounds, you could EASILY, EASILY find worse signings than that if you take into consideration that he came in on the cheap.

Downing, considering the transfer fee.

Sidwell

Didn't Beye cost more?

Harewood cost more as well :)

At the rate he's going after his 'full pre-season' (no excuse now) has to be Stewart Downing. At least Agathe didn't cost £12 million!

I was surprized it took 9 pages for him to get a mention. The way he is playing this season and the way we changed our shape to accomadate him last season he could be your man.

12 million, hasn't shown anything more than Heskey.

I dont think he is the worst player Martin signed, but certainly the worst signing, because it changed that winning successful team playing 4-5-1. after winning 8 and drawing 2 out of 10.

Well Capello's not much cop

MacDonald is being polite &

Houllier wants a job

Got to be seen saying the right thing. Anyway regardless of what they think, I've seen him play and I think his shit. I think most of us know what we see.

For the money spent, contribution made and depreciation of value, I think Curtis Davies was a worse signing.

I rate Big Curt, but he's making little contribution, and is worth a fraction of what we paid for him.

Heskey comes close though, but i think many expected a lot less from him. He has played more, and cost a lot less than Curt.

Â