General Chat

Stevo985

24 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I work in environmental toxicology (contaminated land), but can't be arsed looking back through this thread for specific points. What y'all wanna know? 

Will going to the sty give me cancer?

• Haha 1

Quite apart from the environmental impact, I understood the health issue with plastic drinks bottles was to do with some strange hormonal effect that (among other things) reduced male fertility. 

• Like 1

Nigel Farage story on sky news (sorry, been using this site for god knows how long and still don’t know how to post links properly).

Seems he’s setting the scene for pissing off to another country like the odious little self serving coward he is upon the realisation that he’s played a leading role in decimating the UK.

Claiming that his bank accounts have been ‘closed’ and that he may have no option but to live elsewhere.

I try not to wish too much ill on people but honestly, if he died in some absolutely horrific way it wouldn’t be satisfying enough.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I work in environmental toxicology (contaminated land), but can't be arsed looking back through this thread for specific points. What y'all wanna know? 

Who are we signing up front?

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Nigel Farage story on sky news (sorry, been using this site for god knows how long and still don’t know how to post links properly).

Seems he’s setting the scene for pissing off to another country like the odious little self serving coward he is upon the realisation that he’s played a leading role in decimating the UK.

Claiming that his bank accounts have been ‘closed’ and that he may have no option but to live elsewhere.

I try not to wish too much ill on people but honestly, if he died in some absolutely horrific way it wouldn’t be satisfying enough.

He clearly knows his followers are thick as shit “they are closing my accounts and haven’t said why”

jim-halpert-face.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Quite apart from the environmental impact, I understood the health issue with plastic drinks bottles was to do with some strange hormonal effect that (among other things) reduced male fertility. 

Only if you get it stuck in the bottle 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He clearly knows his followers are thick as shit “they are closing my accounts and haven’t said why”

jim-halpert-face.gif

Right? I mean how does that even work? Does he have to go to his local branch and they give him all the cash in a paper bag or are these accounts empty anyway?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Right? I mean how does that even work? Does he have to go to his local branch and they give him all the cash in a paper bag or are these accounts empty anyway?!

Could you imagine that in the real world…

I’m at home, putting clothes into a suitcase. The wife asks whats going on. I say I’m not sure, Natwest said they are closing my bank account but wouldn’t say why… so I’m going go live in Germany. 

Perfectly normal legit behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Coutts, the grift is strong with this boy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That bit is most likely true. They can't tell you that you are under investigation, nor do they have to even if you aren't for that matter.

Just now, bickster said:

That bit is most likely true. They can't tell you that you are under investigation

So they say your account is closed but we can’t say why? I can’t believe that. There must be some type of explanation.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

So they say your account is closed but we can’t say why? I can’t believe that. There must be some type of explanation.

Why? Any official investigative body, be that the police / fraud etc will require that the person supplying the information does so without telling the suspected party.

The only way any body like that would give financial information out is by means of a court Production order or similar instrument. It will be a condition of the order that the suspect isn't informed of the interest from the investigative body.

However, once the bank are aware of the issues, they are perfectly entitled to distance themselves from that individual.

There is no banking law that says you have to have a reason given to you when the bank close your account

• Like 1

There’s a video on him speaking on Twitter, he said he’s probably because he’s classed as a “PEP” which is a politically exposed person. 

The other part of it is because he received half a million pounds from the Kremlin in 1 calendar year.

So he’s saying he doesn’t know why, but then also helpfully confirming he knows why.

Now no banks will touch him, or his dodgy money.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a video on him speaking on Twitter, he said he’s probably because he’s classed as a “PEP” which is a politically exposed person. 

The other part of it is because he received half a million pounds from the Kremlin in 1 calendar year.

So he’s saying he doesn’t know why, but then also helpfully confirming he knows why.

Now no banks will touch him, or his dodgy money.

Genie does he admit that half a million from the Kremlin, or is that the most likely explaination put forward by others?

I had a warning from my bank that the payment patterns were somewhat erratic. it was suggested to me that the amount of money in and out, on different days without any real pattern, was of a type that they had to report to the police as suspicious.

I would suspect that had they reported it, and the police had got interested, it would then have been closed without further explanation.

But I did get an advisory tip off in advance.

Trouble is, this is Farage and who knows where truth and fantasy meet.

Â