General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Plot thickens... The owner didn't see it, she heard the driver going too fast, could tell by the engine noise and the brakes screeching that she was speeding

Wife says the whole thing is stupid, cat ran out in to the road, is what it is

If be amazed if the police do anything

My cat growing up was killed crossing the main road at the bottom of our street. Some old bloke was feeding her so she was going to see him. 

Served her right for two timing us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What about my local pub the Wylde Green. Grew up in there from leaving school. Brewery closed it down and now also retirement complex.

Care homes and retirement complexes everywhere, obviously also down to money before community.

The Stew Pony Public house/hotel and lido was magnificent.

Real-Photograph-Postcard-STEWPONEY-HOTEL

When I was growing up it was bustling pub and hosted tons of events with loads of different function rooms. I played in loads of jazz bands when I was a kid including once a month on Sunday nights with my youth jazz band.

People still say, down to the Stewpony, turn left etc. when giving directions. 

Now it looks like this.

1c6bef3eb93ee60a154920599b7c6f066c491ab0

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When I was growing up it was bustling pub and hosted tons of events with loads of different function rooms. I played in loads of jazz bands when I was a kid including once a month on Sunday nights with my youth jazz band.

Now it looks like this.

So,they have painted everything,including the cars ?!

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Now it looks like this.

Yeah my dad's generation in kiddy will all reference nights out in that place, never brum or Worcester or even really pubs in the centre of Stourbridge, it's all kiddy pubs, the stewpony and the cider house in quatt (still don't really know how they all got there)

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah my dad's generation in kiddy will all reference nights out in that place, never brum or Worcester or even really pubs in the centre of Stourbridge, it's all kiddy pubs, the stewpony and the cider house in quatt (still don't really know how they all got there)

Not related, but we had an old satellite navigation system that on the way to the Safari Park would make Kidderminster sound like Kiddyfiddler

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It was safe to drink and drive in the 60's & 70's and absolutely no need for a seatbelt!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It was safe to drink and drive in the 60's & 70's and absolutely no need for a seatbelt!

Yeah my uncle would volunteer to be be the designated drink driver tonight let alone 50 years ago

The cider house at quatt is something different though, never done it and neither have any if my mates, heard loads of stories about proper drinkers being done by a pint in there but it's so out of the way I've never bothered

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah my uncle would volunteer to be be the designated drink driver tonight let alone 50 years ago

The cider house at quatt is something different though, never done it and neither have any if my mates, heard loads of stories about proper drinkers being done by a pint in there but it's so out of the way I've never bothered

You'd have to drive through Enville on the way from Stourbridge. It's worth stopping for several pints of Enville Ale on the way!

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Empire cinemas head gone into administration. Which will mean the death of Sutton cinema. Been closed since COVID, they've sold the carpark for a 'retirement complex', allegedly were refurbishing the cinema but now it'll be flats before you know what's hit you.

Massive, massive shame.

Ugh that’s annoying. 

To be fair it was a **** terrible cinema. But I was hoping someone would take it over and bring it up to scratch

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Care homes and retirement complexes everywhere, obviously also down to money before community

Do you ever read back what you've typed before you hit send?
I mean did you just think to yourself that we have an ageing population, that needs such facilities. 
Older people obviously aren't part of the community 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I mean did you just think to yourself that we have an ageing population, that needs such facilities. 

I’d love to know the alternative. Euthanasia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Now it looks like this.

One of my first dates with the now Mrs Designer in the mid 90s was at the Stewpony.

Used to really like that place 😒

Sad how many of the great boozers around this way have now fell by the wayside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yeah knock all the pubs down then, build them all on the green land, supermarkets take up that land too, get rid of them, just to service the agong population.

Funny your the only one who had to be pedantic about it, ohh and ofcourse the standard from dig from the usual.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah knock all the pubs down then, build them all on the green land, supermarkets take up that land too, get rid of them, just to service the agong population.

Funny your the only one who had to be pedantic about it, ohh and ofcourse the standard from dig from the usual.

I think you should look up the word pedantic in the dictionary. It’s important that you know the meaning of the words you use. My comment wasn't in the slightest pedantic. I was criticising your imbecilic post. This post is pedantic though, just to help you out with what the word means.

And you want me to be really pedantic, you meant to use you're not your. The last bit also makes no sense whatsoever

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Sssshh!   I've been investing all my spare cash in age homes and making a mint.   Now people are going to realize they're serving a need and aren't just luxury flats and the wealthy will stop paying us ridiculous rents.  Don't slaughter my cash cow!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you should look up the word pedantic in the dictionary. It’s important that you know the meaning of the words you use. My comment wasn't in the slightest pedantic. I was criticising your imbecilic post. This post is pedantic though, just to help you out with what the word means.

And you want me to be really pedantic, you meant to use you're not your. The last bit also makes no sense whatsoever

Is criticising other people's posts not above forum rules??

7 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Sssshh!   I've been investing all my spare cash in age homes and making a mint.   Now people are going to realize they're serving a need and aren't just luxury flats and the wealthy will stop paying us ridiculous rents.  Don't slaughter my cash cow!

Retirement homes and particularly private care homes are worth a mint to the developers and the people who run them.

Like everything else, they are not all built with the aging population the main priority. 

Edited by foreveryoung

Â