General Chat

Stevo985

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Pretty much Agreed , I don't use the ignore function , people are entitled to voice an opinion regardless of my views   … if a post links to twitter then I tend to ignore that post   and If I'm busy I do sometime have to apply my own filter and not reply to something that is going to end up taking far too  much time  , but I have at least read it .

I find the notion of pretending to ignore someone then taking little digs at them and what they are posting a bit baffling though , either ignore them or don't 

Animated GIF

• Haha 3

The way I see it is folks can do whatever they want with their willy or fanny as it really doesn't concern me. 

Whether they're chopping it off or sewing it on, if they feel it's gonna improve their own lives and they're not breaking the law then why not?  

Regarding the gender and pronouns topic, I'm a bit like Xela in that I really don't understand it if honest but they're literally asking us to just say or type one word instead of another so what's the problem?

If someone started referring to me as 'they', I'd be pretty pissed off so do unto others and all that.

• Like 1

A friend has been building a new phone system for Swansea Uni that had to be complete before clearing starts tomorrow.

All built all stress tested all signed off. Twenty of them on a zoom call this evening just going over plans for tomorrow and having a beer.

One by one, zoom links going dead, losing more and more of the team...

_113916590_pic2.jpg

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd have banned you (and everyone else) many moons ago.

I hope VT dies, so I can be free of its mighty shackles.

If it dies i can only be a moron on Twitter. It has to survive.

I bought a grey, single breasted sheepskin coat back in 1986 (jacket length, not ¾) and only wore it once as it was too heavy. I got it in boldmere road from Barretts of Feckenham (yes i am old !). 

Since then it's hung up in my wardrobe. I was wondering if it would've appreciated in value (it cost me £260 !) some 35 years later, as "vintage clothing" or is sheepskin frowned upon like mink coats are ?

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I bought a grey, single breasted sheepskin coat back in 1986 (jacket length, not ¾) and only wore it once as it was too heavy. I got it in boldmere road from Barretts of Feckenham (yes i am old !). 

Since then it's hung up in my wardrobe. I was wondering if it would've appreciated in value (it cost me £260 !) some 35 years later, as "vintage clothing" or is sheepskin frowned upon like mink coats are ?

Sheepskin's still alright, I think.  Low risk of having red paint lobbed over you.  No idea what it may be worth, though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I think my Dad purchased a few sheepskins from that very place back in the 80's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

tv shows 90s GIF

• Haha 1

On AL for the first time since last December and I tell you what, I need it. Last two weeks have been really difficult. Had to put together a project management plan for a massive change happening at work and I did that coming off the other end of a big move where so much went wrong. 

Need this break so much.

• Like 2

I've got about 5 weeks of annual leave to take before the end of the year. Looking forward to getting away for a few days in the UK. Not sure where yet but fancy a return to the IoW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've got about 5 weeks of annual leave to take before the end of the year. Looking forward to getting away for a few days in the UK. Not sure where yet but fancy a return to the IoW

I've got a full quota PLUS all the bank holidays I normally have off that I've worked

• Like 1

Â