Jump to content
Stevo985

General Chat

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Haiku?? Isn't it meant to be 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables not words, unless you originally wrote it in Japanese of course and your google translate version was unaware of the rules....

Must try harder, young Paddywhack 

Anyway isn't this a little off topic from our Homeless discussion? :P

 

Hang on, Paddywhack is talking about massive jugs and you pick him up on his syntax! 

Ask about the jugs!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xela said:

You in Brum? I always thought you were London based. 

I moved back to Birmingham last year having worked/ lived in London for a few years, decided I wanted a better standard of living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whenever I take a walk from new street to colmore row I'm always shocked at the amount of homeless people and quite frankly the 'state' of them, virtually all I see are clearly high on smack or an equivalent. I could say with confidence that virtually all of them are 'genuine'. It strikes me that it's at crisis levels in this city.

Obviously I don't live in brum so I don't know the daily things that go on there but man it was bad on this visit compared to when I last came. 

London is a bigger city but I don't see it as much as on this weekend to brum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the stench that was steaming out of the cubical next to me, I can only conclude that my mystery colleague has been on a strict ham only diet for the last few days.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

From the stench that was steaming out of the cubical next to me, I can only conclude that my mystery colleague has been on a strict ham only diet for the last few days.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Ham

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been to Walsall today. That's a proper mixed bag.

So many really interesting buildings around the shopping streets, lots of history if you look up above the ground floor shop fronts. A properly struggling little shopping centre complex. 

They've got a statue of a woman that isn't Queen Vic. For that alone, well done Walsall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

From the stench that was steaming out of the cubical next to me, I can only conclude that my mystery colleague has been on a strict ham only diet for the last few days.

Went into a cubicle at work earlier and someone had shit on the seat. Not a skid mark, which would have been ridiculous on it own, but a proper faecal patty on the seat. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Quit working yesterday, posted on here about having an essential Tremor a few months ago, essential Tremor has made my job, my career and everything I've worked for for the last 17 years impossible to do. 

Applied for a job at Iceland, got rejected at the first stage. Phoned agencies all over the Midlands and got nowhere.

So depressed at the moment, my career taken away from me then Iceland turn me down at the first stage

Jim, hope all works itself out soon for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Genie said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

 

Mooney Flight Radar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Genie said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

 

Flightaware.com

or 

even some ambulance type chaser companies like bottonline.co.uk have a flight checker ( you don’t have to use their services but they do have a simple flight checker on their home page )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2019 at 18:03, Jimzk5 said:

Quit working yesterday, posted on here about having an essential Tremor a few months ago, essential Tremor has made my job, my career and everything I've worked for for the last 17 years impossible to do. 

Applied for a job at Iceland, got rejected at the first stage. Phoned agencies all over the Midlands and got nowhere.

So depressed at the moment, my career taken away from me then Iceland turn me down at the first stage

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you find something soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Flightaware.com

or 

even some ambulance type chaser companies like bottonline.co.uk have a flight checker ( you don’t have to use their services but they do have a simple flight checker on their home page )

Cheers @tonyh29 and @bickster

Looks like the official delay was 2hrs and 2 mins in the end so not sure it’s close enough to 3 hours to be in with a chance of refund.

Luckily we paid for the V lounge at Gatwick so got an extra 2 hours of eating their food and drinking their drinks :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weather is insane. Been out for a walk today and really regretted not wearing shorts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This weather is insane. Been out for a walk today and really regretted not wearing shorts. 

Brass monkeys this morning when walking to the train station. Sweating like Gary Glitter in PC World's repair centre at lunchtime!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This weather is insane. Been out for a walk today and really regretted not wearing shorts. 

It’s been gorgeous. It was the same last week. Thinking about banging my shorts on for work tomorrow. Just been out to get the washing off the line, and it’s a beautiful night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a good day for me, but a bit of advice needed please

Applied for a job at a supermarket, did an online test and received good feedback from it, had a telephone interview today that I was dreading but they only asked me why I applied for the job, if I was available to work now and how would I get to work, I answered these questions and then told I'd passed after being on the phone for 3 minutes, told I'd get an email with an interview time in the next 2 weeks

Can't help but feel they've done the same to everyone who applied and I'll go for an interview and get told no?

I have literally no experience in this process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Been a good day for me, but a bit of advice needed please

Applied for a job at a supermarket, did an online test and received good feedback from it, had a telephone interview today that I was dreading but they only asked me why I applied for the job, if I was available to work now and how would I get to work, I answered these questions and then told I'd passed after being on the phone for 3 minutes, told I'd get an email with an interview time in the next 2 weeks

Can't help but feel they've done the same to everyone who applied and I'll go for an interview and get told no?

I have literally no experience in this process

Genuinely, applying, doing the online test and being able to use a telephone will have put you a cut above a big chunk of the population.

Quite a number won't have answered the phone.

A portion will have had an awful uncommunicative tone if they did answer.

To the question 'why did you apply?' I wouldn't mind betting a good proportion of those still in the game answered 'dunno'.

 

It's yours to lose lad, go get 'em.

If you can turn up at the interview on time and not smell of shit and booze you're home n dry.

 

(all that from my experience of interviewing people)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Been a good day for me, but a bit of advice needed please

Applied for a job at a supermarket, did an online test and received good feedback from it, had a telephone interview today that I was dreading but they only asked me why I applied for the job, if I was available to work now and how would I get to work, I answered these questions and then told I'd passed after being on the phone for 3 minutes, told I'd get an email with an interview time in the next 2 weeks

Can't help but feel they've done the same to everyone who applied and I'll go for an interview and get told no?

I have literally no experience in this process

As said above I'd take it as a positive sign, a lot of the supermarkets have cut down on HR so they probably just try and cut out the timewasters over the phone.  Good luck mate, hope it goes well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â