General Chat

Stevo985

Only ever had Now 26 (released November 1993) on cassette, must have been a Christmas present.

Could have been a lot worse -

A24745D5-502F-43B8-9CB0-53DAF736EBD9.jpeg

Edited by Shropshire Lad
Can’t find the cassette box, so nicked the track list from the CD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I had Now 35

Full of tunes to be fair.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Now 35 was my first one I think: just reminded myself of the track listings for it:  so many songs of that era for me. I must have listened to the tape god knows how many times.

https://www.nowmusic.com/album/now-thats-what-i-call-music-35/

some great bands in there, as well as all the other 90s pop fluff of course.  Dont recognise any of the artists on the latest ones

MI0001327575.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

One drug I never saw the attraction in. Who wants a drug that makes you be nice to people you can't stand

Weird isn’t it. That drug in particular done far more in combatting hooliganism, than anything the Tory Government managed. Without glorifying it too much, because it kills kids, but i always had a good night on it. Pure love. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Image result for play an accordion go to jail'

I was in the southwest of France 15 or so years ago with friends when we stumbled upon a small accordion factory on the outskirts of Sarlat.   One friend's mother, who was with us, plays accordion so we had to stop in.  It was pretty cool.   They had half a wall covered with a rack full of postcards featuring presumably well-known accordionists posing with their instruments like rock stars. 

That probably should go in the boring thread, but there's no accordion reference there as a jumping off point.

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

I was in the southwest of France 15 or so years ago with friends when we stumbled upon a small accordion factory on the outskirts of Sarlat.   One friend's mother, who was with us, plays accordion so we had to stop in.  It was pretty cool.   They had half a wall covered with a rack full of postcards featuring presumably well-known accordionists posing with their instruments like rock stars. 

That probably should go in the boring thread, but there's no accordion reference there as a jumping off point.

The legendary Astor Piazzolla. Studied composition with Nadia Boulanger at the Paris Conservatory before she told him to go home and develop tango music.

Does anyone have experience with cat s/n cars? The system has changed to when I last got a car about 8 years ago. I've done some reading and its mixed bag and confusing.

I seen a nice car but it's down as a cat s/n but comes with a years warranty. Also I've done insurance and its cheaper than my current car. The only concern I've seen is that you might have trouble selling it. But i was thinking I'll just give to missus or my dad said he will have it when he comes when I want a new car.

Anyone had any experience of buying a cat s/n?

Â