General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've tried it.

Didn't work. But I think it depends on exactly what you want from it and the kind of person/personality you have. I found I couldn't let my mind relax into it and found my wandering off.

As your mind evidently did when typing that sentence :lol:  

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've tried it.

Didn't work. But I think it depends on exactly what you want from it and the kind of person/personality you have. I found I couldn't let my mind relax into it and found my wandering off.

Yes this is what I worry about it my mind drifting off. I want to just get over my phobia of flying/heights. I know someone who has suggested t she had a massive phobia of dogs and now she is completely comfortable with dogs. bets thing she did she said 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes this is what I worry about it my mind drifting off. I want to just get over my phobia of flying/heights. I know someone who has suggested t she had a massive phobia of dogs and now she is completely comfortable with dogs. bets thing she did she said 

There's little harm in trying it. It does work for some people. I suspect for things like phobias it may work better than other things. I think my problem was partly my cynicism of it, partly my struggling to relax so my mind would wander off and I effectively wasn't paying attention at points, and partly difficulty of overcoming what I was there for.

51 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's little harm in trying it. It does work for some people. I suspect for things like phobias it may work better than other things. I think my problem was partly my cynicism of it, partly my struggling to relax so my mind would wander off and I effectively wasn't paying attention at points, and partly difficulty of overcoming what I was there for.

I am tempted to try it. Im reafy paul McKennas book and listening to the cd. Its pretty good to be honest. But i think for phobia i need one to one.

I am flying in march so realisitcally i want to do it next month right before i fly.

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I knew a woman who used hypnosis to quit smoking. She said it worked for about a year and then 'sort of wore off'. 

I think with smoking its harder as you have a lot of temptations around you and nicotine is so hard to give up.

Hopefully works with phobias if i could go on planes and enjoy the experience that would transform my life. Thats the only fear i really have.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can I ask has anyone used/or known someone that has used a hypnosis treatment and did it work or not for them? 

I got pulled out on stage once and hypnotised into thinking I was a chicken  .... Mrs H wasn't too happy but even she admitted the fresh eggs each morning were great

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

my mate was scared of flying , really bad used to break out in sweats during flights ... then one day we flew back from Angel falls in a 4 seat plane held together by little more than a statue of a praying Jesus on the dashboard and after an aborted take off  , flew through some of the worse storms I've ever seen 

he is now cured , his logic being if he can survive that  then flying is safe

so ..there you go , just get a near death experience in a plane and you'll be cured

P.S

a week later the plane crashed and killed everyone on board , so if you see my mate whatever you do , don't tell him

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am tempted to try it. Im reafy paul McKennas book and listening to the cd. Its pretty good to be honest. But i think for phobia i need one to one.

I am flying in march so realisitcally i want to do it next month right before i fly.

I think with smoking its harder as you have a lot of temptations around you and nicotine is so hard to give up.

Hopefully works with phobias if i could go on planes and enjoy the experience that would transform my life. Thats the only fear i really have.

You'll need to have a few sessions id imagine and you need to leave time between them so I'd try to book it asap if you want a chance at doing it before March.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

... a snare drum that rattles along with anything played at volume.

Not a catch on the side? Flip it and the springs come away from the surface. That should get rid of most the buzz. A packet of tissues inserted between springs and skin on the base should completely shut it up.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Sounds fine to me!

Cloth ears :P x

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You'll need to have a few sessions id imagine and you need to leave time between them so I'd try to book it asap if you want a chance at doing it before March.

Thanks mate will look into this

27 minutes ago, Xann said:

Not a catch on the side? Flip it and the springs come away from the surface. That should get rid of most the buzz. A packet of tissues inserted between springs and skin on the base should completely shut it up.

Cloth ears :P x

Yep, there's a catch on the side. But once I've assumed the listening position, sprawled across a bean bag it has to get really irritating before I'll get back up and walk the 8 paces to flip it. 

To be honest, if I've got a bit of Scratch Perry on, I'm never sure what's music and what's a combo of police helicopter and a buckle going around the washing machine. 

Last day off work today, so it's rum n dub night tonight. I'll get the whole conservatory buzzing.

---

I do suspect my ears are not 100% anymore.

I do like a speaker that thumps you in the chest. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I got pulled out on stage once and hypnotised into thinking I was a chicken  .... Mrs H wasn't too happy but even she admitted the fresh eggs each morning were great

my mate was scarred of flying , really bad used to break out in sweats during flights ... then one day we flew back from Angel falls in a 4 seat plane held together by little more than a statue of a praying Jesus on the dashboard and after an aborted take off  , flew through some of the worse storms I've ever seen 

he is now cured , his logic being if he can survive that  then flying is safe

so ..there you go , just get a near death experience in a plane and you'll be cured

P.S

a week later the plane crashed and killed everyone on board , so if you see my mate whatever you do , don't tell him

Thats why i hate flying tone. Near death experience on a plane. Was flying back from florida years ago and our plane caught a tail of a hurricane and suddenly the plan started dropping and I MEAN DROPPING not a lil blip. The food trolleys all fell over people were screaming praying

The flight attendants were shitting themselves too. Luckily the pilot managed to take us out of it after 20 minutes or so. It was **** scarey mate. I was ok with flying but since then i hate it

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

To be like a Lapal_fan, you must first BECOME a Lapal_fan..

Image result for meditating monk

image.png.f19fa54c71b9320f1b7aaff0a7a8419c.png

What’s a lapal?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What’s a lapal?

interestingly if you Google " Lapal " you get loads of pictures of children  .. so it's either a school or I've hacked into Pete Townsends laptop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

... walk the 8 paces to flip it.

Incorporate it into your routine? :D

Soon as I'm through the front door the amp is on.

The kit and the stereo haven't shared the same space since moving in with a lady.

Chicks don't dig drum kits in the lounge. They're weird like that :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â