General Chat

Stevo985

Another year older (well, yesterday to be precise) and still wondering when will I grow up?

I'm not sure I envisaged my life at 38 being what it is now. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another year older (well, yesterday to be precise) and still wondering when will I grow up?

Belated happy birthday for yesterday mate.

It'll be no consolation for you, but I'm fast approaching 34 and I can say for certain my life is not how I envisaged it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Happy birthday. Here's to the next 38 years :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I don't think I ever envisaged my future life at all when I was young. Speculated on possibilities, sure, but I didn't really pick any of them as more likely (or even desirable) than others. I was always a wait and see, que sera sera type. 

• Like 1

Yeah same

think we've done this kinda topic before ... a part of me wishes that younger me would have stuck with the athletics and seen how far I could have gone , I had some potential I just don't know how much ..

but I went another route  got into beer and football and everything I've done in my life has kinda been as a result .... only met Mrs H as a result of going travelling with a mate I met through watching Villa ... even one of my big work contracts football was probably the "in" that edged it for me over some rivals 

que sera sera ftw 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah same

think we've done this kinda topic before ... a part of me wishes that younger me would have stuck with the athletics and seen how far I could have gone , I had some potential I just don't know how much ..

but I went another route  got into beer and football and everything I've done in my life has kinda been as a result .... only met Mrs H as a result of going travelling with a mate I met through watching Villa ... even one of my big work contracts football was probably the "in" that edged it for me over some rivals 

que sera sera ftw 

Same here with athletics. I was a superb runner, long distance and sprint. Got into beer and a lot of my interests went out the window. By 23 I was a full blown junkie and the rest is history. Plenty of regrets now I'm getting older but that's life I suppose.

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Happy birthday, and FWIW you don't.  Or at least I'm a teeny bit ahead of you and it's not on my horizon yet anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wife's grandad has won 1 million on the lottery raffle last night. I've always told myself I should pop up more because he's such a fantastic bloke, a great bloke, truly great, one of the best :)

And now he can hire someone to tell all the scroungers to **** off for him.  Result :thumb::)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

And now he can hire someone to tell all the scroungers to **** off for him.  Result :thumb::)

Oh yeah they will all come out of the wood work. It's funny what a bit of money does to people. He's a genuine sound bloke and his wife is, so it won't change them at all I don't think but I already know in my head who will be having kittens to try and get in on it all.

Â