General Chat

Stevo985

If I won a million I'd buy us a nice house that is big enough for the 5 of us. Nowt too fancy, but enough room for us because at the moment our house is too small and will be even smaller once kids start growing up. So let's say a 5 bed up etchinghill for 400k. I'd buy our council house for 50k for future investment to rent out and I'd buy my mums council flat for her and again for future investment when she's gone. So that's 400k+50k+20k and then say 30k for decorating and bits and pieces. I'd put 100k in each of the kids bank accounts then give my mum 100k so she could take it a bit more easier and possibly retire earlier than planned. That leaves a spare 100k which would be put up for my retirement fund. Would definitely have a nice holiday out of the money first though. My grandad wouldn't accept any money and to be honest he don't need the money anyway as he's alright for a few quid. Yeah that's what I think I'd do.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I remember thinking just the other day, "Out of all the Villa Talkers, who's wife has the nicest granddad, if I had to rank them." but it was no contest to be honest Ruge, it's obviously your wife's granddad.

Send him my love x

You know him too do ya. I'm going up there in half hour with a bottle of whiskey, nowt special just a bottle of Johnnie walker blue label. I will send him your love.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She's out there with her Grandad's wife as we speak. 

Can you imagine what's just happened their shopping bill.  It's brilliant for the Grandad's wife that she found that out while STILL IN **** NEW YORK !!

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Can you imagine what's just happened their shopping bill.  It's brilliant for the Grandad's wife that she found that out while STILL IN **** NEW YORK !!

She don't normally like spending money when she goes away and when they have been having meals she has just been having soup. She's been moaning like hell since they have been there about the price of this and that, so hopefully she might loosen up a bit now as it's been getting the rest of them down. This is the woman that had 20k in PPI claims about two year ago and still was pleading poverty :D

Supposed to be flying to Prague in the morning for a stag do. My passport expires in August. Everything including the uk border office says it has to be valid for duration of trip only.

Worried I won't get on the plane, anyone with any experience of this?

16 hours ago, Nicho said:

Supposed to be flying to Prague in the morning for a stag do. My passport expires in August. Everything including the uk border office says it has to be valid for duration of trip only.

Only if travelling outside of Europe so you'll be fine

but in case you have any doubt , The FCO is your friend

Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Edited by tonyh29

Yeah don't worry.  My other half flew to Iceland with a month left.

To kill the last 10 minutes of my working day I've tried to name as many Villa players as I could that start with B (Surnames). I only got 14.

Spoiler

Baker, Berson, Balaban, Bosnich, Betrand, Bouma, Berger, Barry, Bannan, Bree, Bunn, Birch, Bent, Benteke

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah don't worry.  My other half flew to Iceland with a month left.

I think the U.S. requires that your passport have 3 months left beyond your visit, in case they need you back for a waterboarding after you've left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

To kill the last 10 minutes of my working day I've tried to name as many Villa players as I could that start with B (Surnames). I only got 14.

Hide contents

Baker, Berson, Balaban, Bosnich, Betrand, Bouma, Berger, Barry, Bannan, Bree, Bunn, Birch, Bent, Benteke

Jimmy Brown. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Bacuna, Bjarnason, Boateng, Bakke

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Hide contents

Beinlich

Â