General Chat

Stevo985

Just had a text from one of my oldest and best friends to say that he's only got a few months to live.

I've had better days to be honest.

Oh, and **** you cancer.

Sorry to hear that, all the best mate.

my thoughts are with you also   ...

My mate that had cancer and appeared to have beaten it (all be it he had nerves in his face removed and can't move one side of his face)  has now found out that the cancer has spread to his lungs  and can't be cured ( they are going to try and shrink the cells which will prolong his life expectancy to 5 years tops but it could be as little as 5 weeks

can't begin to imagine how you deal with that , when I spoke to him last week he'd just come back from having to tell his parents the news ....

Edited by tonyh29

One of my worst fears.

My dad's Cancer is terminal, but at least his prognosis is fairly long term.

He's 71 already, the chemo is working in so much as it's stopped the cancer spreading and, whilst I don't know how long he has, short term the signs are good.

But to be diagnosed and be told you have weeks or days to live is terrifying to me. It's not long enough to get over the fact and enjoy the time you have left, imo. It's just long enough to be scared, and then die.

I think i'd rather be hit by a bus and have it over with.

Sorry, took a digression there.

my thoughts are with you also   ...

My mate that had cancer and appeared to have beaten it (all be it he had nerves in his face removed and can't move one side of his face)  has now found out that the cancer has spread to his lungs  and can't be cured ( they are going to try and shrink the cells which will prolong his life expectancy to 5 years tops but it could be as little as 5 weeks

can't begin to imagine how you deal with that , when I spoke to him last week he'd just come back from having to tell his parents the news ....

Yeah, my mate was diagnosed and then had the chemo and was in remission.

He found out yesterday that he has secondary tumours and now it's terminal.

He's got two young kids, so they're going to have to cope with growing up without a fantastic dad in their life.

Life really is such an unfair word removed sometimes.

Just had a text from one of my oldest and best friends to say that he's only got a few months to live.

I've had better days to be honest.

Oh, and **** you cancer.

Awful, just awful :(

I wish I had some words of comfort, and offering condolences doesn't seem enough. I lost all four of my Grandparents to cancer. I wish there wasn't a word filter, so I could used the word I want to describe it.  

Really sorry to hear such awful news

I feel doubly feeble posting this now, having seen Si's post, but what the heck. I came here to post trivia, so I will.

I cycle to work, and I'm now looking out from a first floor window at a scowling black sky, with the building shaking from the wind, and rain lashing the windows. A constant moving slate of a dark grey monster cloud with no end is menacingly transiting just above the fading remnants of the daylight.

I'm not really looking forward to the journey home.

I feel doubly feeble posting this now, having seen Si's post, but what the heck. I came here to post trivia, so I will.

I cycle to work, and I'm now looking out from a first floor window at a scowling black sky, with the building shaking from the wind, and rain lashing the windows. A constant moving slate of a dark grey monster cloud with no end is menacingly transiting just above the fading remnants of the daylight.

I'm not really looking forward to the journey home.

Well, well done for making it read nicely.  I can almost smell the damp :thumb:

There is something very calming about a storm, maybe not driving it in, because other drivers are retarded when it's not 18C with no increment weather, but it's still pretty cool.

Has anybody ever used FutureLearn?  Just signed up for a 'Football:More than a Game' course.  After I've done that, might do something useful like learn Java.  (That was a course that's starting soon).

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/9931-those-free-internet-university-degree-courses/?view=findpost&p=1079299&hl=futurelearn

Â