General Chat

Stevo985

Poor dog. I find watching rhino's and elephants being hunted by poachers and any other cruelty to animals very upsetting. But when I hear about a kid going missing or a baby that's been abused it don't effect me, obviously I think evil bastards how could they do that. But it goes in one ear and out the other. But when its animals it plays on my mind for days. Always had an attitude about humans in the sense of we will get what's coming to us one day, even when I was younger I felt like that

thanks for not leaving me hanging there Gareth!

I'll get you a like when I've done writing.

Crabageddon:

You take a length of fishing line down the Old Harbour. You whack a limpet off a rock and tie it's buggered up carcass on the string. You then go from rockpool to rockpool plopping it in and crabbing.

Once you have a bucket full of crabs you set out your arena. This is usually one of the natural dips or hollows in the grassy verge.

You tip your bucket of crabs into the hollow.

For extra flourish, some people would at this point set light to the grass around the crabs.

Then you get a hand full of pebbles each.....

crabageddon

it was a brutal place to grow up and if I caught kids doing that now I'd give them my sternest stare

• Like 1

Crabageddon:

You take a length of fishing line down the Old Harbour. You whack a limpet off a rock and tie it's buggered up carcass on the string. You then go from rockpool to rockpool plopping it in and crabbing.

Once you have a bucket full of crabs you set out your arena. This is usually one of the natural dips or hollows in the grassy verge.

For extra flourish, some people would at this point set light to the grass around the crabs.

crabageddon

it was a brutal place to grow up and if I caught kids doing that now I'd give them my sternest stare

I'd have fallen at the first hurdle, I could never get them off.

• Like 1

incidentally, I'm not chuffed with my antics as a kid

it was the 70's, stuff was different back then

Like when 'we' accidentally smashed out my mates teeth and left him, passed out, on his mum's doorstep. We were playing war, I spotted him hiding at the bottom of a grass bank so I found a large stone and did an exaggerated over arm grenade throw, shouting 'grenade!'.

He popped his little 10 year old head up over the bank to see what I was doing and caught the stone full square in the mush. Who looks up on the shout of grenade? Not a natural soldier.

Anyway, we took an arm or a leg each, carried him back to his house, laid him on the floor, rang the doorbell and ran like hell.

• Like 2

Crabageddon:

crabageddon

What did the message board admin do to deserve such a cruel fate?

Seems the 70s were evil.

My dad and his mates used to catch bees, wasps and flies, tie cotton round them (lord knows how) let them fly off and then yank them back. They'd take them for walks. Well...'flies' I guess.

They also used to stick straws up frogs arses and blow them up, apparently.

• Like 1

I remember once pulling a Daddy Long Leg's legs off one by one then breaking it in half.  I still feel guilty about it now.

My personal favorite was to glue it to the wall and watch it tear its own legs off trying to fly away

Edited by AshVilla

Â