General Chat

Stevo985

Asked for a pack of opal fruits in a shop today .....the young un didn't have a clue

I once found a packet of Opal Fruits in the back of my cupboard. I decided against eating them.

• Like 1

My wife has just given me a huge bald patch by accident whilst shaving my hair :( Like, a proper doing over. Think Jackass but all the way across.

5 likes and I'll post the evidence in Rogues

a real man can shave his own head
  • Like 1

My wife has just given me a huge bald patch by accident whilst shaving my hair :( Like, a proper doing over. Think Jackass but all the way across.

5 likes and I'll post the evidence in Rogues

a real man can shave his own head

I think my colleague must cut his own hair and often leaves these little tufts at the back or at the side of his head, makes him look kind of like an elderly house cat.

That's been over dubbed surely? If not i should claim compensation for mental traumaBth 

This is genuine

Both ITV and BBC staff made end of year videos where innocent programmes made clips such as this and they were put together. They were pretty funny and I can still see the Dalek mounting the washing machine!

The videos were for in-house consumption only, but inevitably they got out, and there are probably many more YouTube clips.

No confessions thread, so I'll stick it here. Talk of life in the 1970’s elsewhere has reminded me of this one:

We were playing football in the park and there was a guy driving around in a really loud ‘cool’ beach buggy. But we were only getting glimpses between parked cars everytime he zoomed past. So we contrived on his next pass that we would kick the ball out so he had to stop and we would get a proper look at the car. Around he came, we kicked the ball and randomly from nowhere a big brown Labrador type dog gave chase. The ball was kicked way too early and bounced happily across the road. The dog was hit by the beach buggy which launched the lightweight fibre glass car into the air, smashing into the back of parked cars. We all ran out of the park to see the mess.

The dog had quite literally burst. Spectacular.

A woman was by now kneeling next to the burst dog shouting that someone should get a vet. A bloke from one of the houses suggested she’d be better off with a bin bag.

The beach buggy was stuck, mounted across the back of some other car that itself was pretty well smashed up. Glass everywhere, a gathering crowd, bits of dog stuck to the sides of cars.

We collected the ball from a garden and decided we’d go down the beach.

Something like that would upset me and stay with me for life, even as a kid. I don't understand people who aren't bothered by stuff like that, to shrug your shoulders and just walk to the beach. I find that odd. Your still awesome Mr P but I'm just thinking out loud.

I might find it jarring, were I able to read it without getting the tale of Brian's dog Pom-Pom from Spaced out of my head.

"He ran out into the main road, exploded under an articulated lorry."
"He blew up?"
"No, the weight of the truck on his frail body burst him like a cheap party balloon, sending his ruff forty feet into the air; there, you see? Such vibrant colours."
  • Like 1

It did stay with me though, that's the point. All these years later I still recall it. From the fascinatingly gruesome, an eyeball on a bit of stringy stuff to the woman that was crying.

We also got to a point where for some reason we found out days later the RSPCA wear uniforms and from there we convinced ourselves that they would investigate and hunt us down. Didn't occur to us that the police might be just as interested because of the cars!

For weeks I wore different clothes if we were going to the park, so I'd have an alibi.

I guess nobody wants to know about crabageddon?

Â