General Chat

Stevo985

become one of these 7 day christian nutters, said jay z is a devil worshiper and told people to stop watching two and a half men as its filth, dont blame him though, two and a half men is shite.

• Like 1

well after nearly 10 years in construction after soon i may be looking for a career change, it seems the demands of going on pricework means the possibility of earning decent money isnt happening so ill probably look to get out of it soon, ill be 27 in a few weeks and already my back is **** (early degenerative wear in spine means i have the spine of a pensioner, already had best part of 2 years in agony with it), my knees are already beginning to hurt from all the bending and my hands are begining to show signs of vibration white finger. if anyone asked me for advice on getting into construction id tell them to stay well away.

You're still young in career terms Jim. If you aren't happy then I'd definitely have a good think about a career move. With the current climate it's never going to be easy, but think about the long term.

There's not many perfect jobs, but your happiness and health should always come first imo.

• Like 1

Due to my agreement with Jenny it won't be on anything inappropriate so instead I'm gonna save half and put it towards a deposit on a flat next year and the rest will go on a new phone and to the Xmas fund .

well after nearly 10 years in construction after soon i may be looking for a career change, it seems the demands of going on pricework means the possibility of earning decent money isnt happening so ill probably look to get out of it soon, ill be 27 in a few weeks and already my back is **** (early degenerative wear in spine means i have the spine of a pensioner, already had best part of 2 years in agony with it), my knees are already beginning to hurt from all the bending and my hands are begining to show signs of vibration white finger. if anyone asked me for advice on getting into construction id tell them to stay well away.

any chance of going for a management role? try getting to foreman level and then pushing for site manager, different kind of stress but pay is good

its something id love to go for but atm ive got no idea how to go about it, how did you get into it? bearing in mind my actual gcse grades etc are below average would that hamper me?

experience and references and a 'can do' attitude are generally of greater importance once you are of 'mature' age

if you've got some basic computer literacy (and you're currently on the interweb so.....) and you have the balls to tell a plumber or a plasterer to fix his snags and you can tell a supplier on the phone the stuff will be there tomorrow or else, then you are a long way there

two pronged attack, sign up with an agency and burn through those contacts at construction firms, well worth a shot, there's a massive lack of experience out there

best of luck and all that

ive been looking at the qcf assessor jobs too, there are fuckton of bricklaying assessor jobs out there, its getting the first foot on the ladder so to speak, ive already looked into the training and a 1 week course costs the thick end of £800, its a lot of money to payout when theres no guarantee theres a job at the end of it

Â