General Chat

Stevo985

In fact, if they want to advertise stuff to me that I may like (including gigs etc) then good luck to them. If I see something I like, I may buy it. In fact, I actively use an app that tracks music artists and tells me when they are next performing. In effect, their upcoming gigs are 'advertised' to me, and I often want to see them. Why would that make me an idiot?

I do work with a lot of personal data, and I've got to say Facebook and Google are mugging off the world and making a truckload of cash using data presented to them on a plate, without millions of idiots realising that every word typed on the interent is being sold to a marketer somewhere for money.

I can't believe people think I'm wierd for closing my Facebook account down ages ago

weirdo :P

Channel 4 did a big show on FB the other month and showed how one person likes "Starbucks" and that shows on the news feed of everyone of their friends , and I think in some instances friends of friends

In fact, if they want to advertise stuff to me that I may like (including gigs etc) then good luck to them. If I see something I like, I may buy it. In fact, I actively use an app that tracks music artists and tells me when they are next performing. In effect, their upcoming gigs are 'advertised' to me, and I often want to see them. Why would that make me an idiot?

12536377_030811_14.jpg

weirdo :P

Channel 4 did a big show on FB the other month and showed how one person likes "Starbucks" and that shows on the news feed of everyone of their friends , and I think in some instances friends of friends

Er... so what?

Facebook ads are pretty useless and not a patch on google ads.

I actually like the way google ads pillages my browsing history in order to feed me the most appropriate adverts. At the moment I've got a selection of Polo shirts from House of fraser at the top of the screen, I may well choose to buy one. Even out of a few hundred possibilites, google ads has worked out which style and colour I like, It's very, veh clever.

I seem to have rattled some cages when I said "idiots". By idiots, I don't mean an account with minimal data and one eye on crazy privacy changes. I mean people that upload their mobile phone number and landline number and find it confusing and an invasion of privacy when they suddenly get an influx of cold calls.

Darcey Bussell. I would.

But is she just old blokes' crumpet?

Dunno about that. You've a good few years on me and she's always been a favourite. (Can't believe this is the second time this week I've been watching the One Show)

Dunno about that. You've a good few years on me and she's always been a favourite. (Can't believe this is the second time this week I've been watching the One Show)

Yep. Darcey Bussell AND Alex Jones. Double would. And wood.

Yep. Darcey Bussell AND Alex Jones. Double would. And wood.

There'd have to be conditions attached for Jones though. Absolutely no talking. She sounds too much like my missus and that would be most off-putting.

Oliver the donkey that lived near me died yesterday ... He was just under 35 years old so I've known him from my school days right up to the present and when I jog home from the pub through the local woods and stop and have a chat with him and pat his head

Guess that is why they call it "donkeys years" but boy that was a good innings

My cat will be 21 soon , must be something in the air around these parts .....

Â