General Chat

Stevo985

The thing is good people can be bad dog owners, they can get a dog and not necessarily know how to handle it. The gun comparison does actually work.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Interesting though this conversation is, I'm off down the Villa to watch us play the big dogs. 

I had tickets for the Villa match last night, but my car developed an issue where it goes into limp mode when on the motorway (issue is because of a faulty temp sensor it can’t do a DPF regen). I couldn’t get it booked into a garage until today. 

I didn’t want to risk it dying on the M6 so gave my tickets away. Sad at the time, less so the way it panned out. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I had tickets for the Villa match last night, but my car developed an issue where it goes into limp mode when on the motorway (issue is because of a faulty temp sensor it can’t do a DPF regen). I couldn’t get it booked into a garage until today. 

I didn’t want to risk it dying on the M6 so gave my tickets away. Sad at the time, less so the way it panned out. 

You lucky Dog. 

• Like 1

Just to piggy back on the on topic stuff in off topic…I didn’t watch it last night. To be honest I didn’t know it was on telly until about 30 minutes before, but still even knowing that, I just wasn’t interested in watching. Maybe I had a sense.

Don’t know, in a bit of a weird place with it at the moment. I want them to do well obviously, but I’m feeling oddly detached.  Recently I’ve been wondering if I’m a more active follower when things aren’t going well (in general). I’m finding the circular arguments more tiresome than I usually do.

Probably one for the football fandom thread.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I like some dogs. I dislike others.

Although the dogs I dislike I often dislike their owners just as much.

Dogs are a bit like kids, I love mine but not so keen on other people’s at all.

• Like 1

I love dogs, **** adore them, never met a dog I disliked. Can't say that about people. I reckon I could see the good in Cujo, Zoltan and both Terror Dogs.

• Like 1

Isn't the dangerous dog argument a bit like the gun argument?

FWIW i **** love dogs and don't think breeds should be just banned in an ideal world.

But I can see the logic. It's right that it's the bad owners that are the problem, but how do you police that? You can't stop people from getting dogs or put some sort of test or license in, can you? (genuine question)

So words removed are always going to get dogs. Just like words removed are always going to get guns.

You can say that's the issue, but it's far far easier and more effective to ban the dog/gun than it is to try and police the owners.

I'm not saying I agree with the method. But I can see why it's done

I'm not 

• Like 1

There is a fella in my town who was an XL Bully breeder, dreadful man anyway, runs a second hand car business that changes names and leaves former customers high and dry. Regards XL Bullys though, his wife locally was leading the call for them not to be banned, but forgot to mention that she was a breeder of them.

• Haha 1

Â