General Chat

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His bank accounts have bene closed too

Yes, because his assets have been seized. Farage has not had his assets seized. He still has access to his money, its a totally different thing

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Musk has limited twitter to 600 tweets a day. As in you can only read 600 a day. 

Unless you pay for a blue tick 

How many of you are reading more than 600 posts a day on VT? That's 40 (full) pages.

Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

How many of you are reading more than 600 posts a day on VT? That's 40 (full) pages.

Asking for a friend.

**** knows. 

But as I understand it scrolling past stuff on twitter counts as reading it. So it’s probably not that much. I don’t really use Twitter so I can’t really gauge it

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I thought you'd know that. And have a list. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I'm not going to lie, I have a hard time from my wife explaining that VT isn't really about football in Off Topic, now there is a thread title that I am going to have trouble explaining if she glances at my computer. 

Has she been urging you to read that thread? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Asking for a friend.

Did you enjoy reading 38 full pages of my posts this weekend 😆

• Haha 1

Will Rishi send in the gunboats in Thatcheresque style? 🤣

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-66066448

The Orkney Islands could change their status in the UK or even become a self-governing territory of Norway under new proposals.

A motion will go before the council next week to investigate "alternative forms of governance".

Council leader James Stockan said Orkney does not get fair funding with its current relationship within the UK.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm sure Norway is crying out for a cultural backwater and economic blackhole.

I’ll file that under ‘stronger together’, shall I?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ll file that under ‘stronger together’, shall I?

All I'm saying is that if Ivar the Boneless showed up in the Orkney Isles, they'd be begging him to explain the wonders of his technology.

Slight problem, it is inside UKs territorial waters even if it was measured from the mainland

And as Shetland extends those territorial waters further...

UK Government would just tell them to pipe down

Even an independent Scotland would do the same, they'd have to

Absolute Cnuts setting fireworks off all night.

Having had a couple of glasses I'm considering heading to my local Walmart to get an AR-15 ,and just wander around the neighborhood taking c**ts out who set fireworks off all night.

Dogs* going berserk all the babies waking up. I bet veterans are freaking out you selfish pri*ks. The city provides multiple fireworks shows to go and say oooooh and aaaaaaahh.

*(My bulldog is fast asleep on my lap and will only consider moving if I open the fridge door 🤣)

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Absolute Cnuts setting fireworks off all night.

Having had a couple of glasses I'm considering heading to my local Walmart to get an AR-15 ,and just wander around the neighborhood taking c**ts out who set fireworks off all night.

Dogs* going berserk all the babies waking up. I bet veterans are freaking out you selfish pri*ks. The city provides multiple fireworks shows to go and say oooooh and aaaaaaahh.

*(My bulldog is fast asleep on my lap and will only consider moving if I open the fridge door 🤣)

Spoken like a true Brit on Independence Day. Get over it man. 

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Spoken like a true Brit on Independence Day. Get over it man. 

I kind of see both sides tbh. You want to celebrate independence day and set off some fireworks but at same time it scares the shit out of pets

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I kind of see both sides tbh. You want to celebrate independence day and set off some fireworks but at same time it scares the shit out of pets

I was just joking that he's actually pissed off about us getting our arses kicked in the war of independence rather than the genuine reason about the noise.

• Thanks 1

Â